You get some bullets on this here Monday!
- As an additional lockdown measure at work, I am no longer allowed my long-standing agreement of taking a half day every other Friday, though that is my earned leave. But I was feeling kind of sick Thursday and I ended up leaving by noon. Ash was already home not feeling good so he and I went out for soup and bread and then did some shopping. So at least we got our half day in regardless.
- Ash read my sadness and on Friday, suggested going out to eat. I ran 2 miles while he ran 4, then we all ran 1 as a family. That was kinda fun, actually. We then ventured to Red Robin, which tasted good but took forever. I was just happy to be somewhere other than work!
- Saturday morning the boys had early flag games and it was cold and windy! Directly after, we went to the mall to get the last few items needed for the wedding: jewelry for Koda, ties and belts for the boys, a shirt for Ash. Then we ate lunch and headed home. When we got there, we saw that the city finally picked up the debris piles from the storm!
- After a little rest, we went back out and moved more sticks/branches to the street since there was space and – talk about value – the truck came back around and took those too!
- In the evening, we watched the new Christopher Robin movie, which was quite good. A little slow but a cryer for sure. I’d recommend it.
- Sunday morning, I did about a 5 miler (watch died halfway so I ran based on time). In general it was a good run even in the cold, then we managed to drag ourselves to the pumpkin patch. Right after, we went to the store and I sent my family with a list then I went alone to get the rest, meeting up at the registers. THIS, my friends, is the best way for us all to go to the store! When I walk around with them, I forget what I need and am harassed to get more junk.
- I finally managed to get up to the salon to get a pedicure. I know I make it sound like a chore but it was on a long list of to-dos and I kept putting it off. It’s not like it wasn’t enjoyable because it definitely was. I tried a new place near me and I can’t believe I’d never been before.
- So yeah, I’m still upset about work stuff and the more I think about it, the more I just want out. It’s been time ANYWAY. Luckily, I know people all over campus and even Ash has put some of his long-time friends on the task. I actually trust a couple of those ladies because they’re cutthroat. I would totally work where he does if he could find the right starting salary. It would be a hard restart, as I know nothing about transportation, but I do know how to work hard so there’s that! I am trying to focus on the positive and just wait it out.