- A very foggy morning here! I could barely see coming through town, even with my headlights.
- I’ve been battling allergies hardcore this past week. Zyrtec/Allegra combo plus lavender essential oil for acute attacks. However, it always seems to come back. I wake up sneezing most days and I am pretty much fed up with it.
- I’m having a hard time being motivated today, although I thought I would be. The boys had to be in my office yesterday but they’re back to school today. And the funny thing is that I got more done yesterday than I have today!
- There is a real, true and palpable difference in the campus aura after Spring Break. Students and teachers alike have had a glimpse of a mental and physical break so being back to the grind is difficult. I get it; I’m reluctant too. But I am also a big believer in work first, play later. So I guess I need to get with it here.
- My boys got up without whining today and ate breakfast, got dressed, and were ready twenty minutes early. Don’t listen if they ever tell you they don’t like going to school!
- Why is it that I am stressed about going on a quick little vacation for a wedding this weekend? Shouldn’t I be excited to see friends, New York City, and to have time away with just my husband? Yeah, I should, but I feel slightly panicky about packing, flying, and cold weather. ALSO, noting my allergy issues, an outdoor Central Park wedding in Spring might just do me in.
What is your favourite indulgence?
Like our host, I’m not sure I can really pin down one. There are a few things I truly relish; things that are for me and me alone. One of those is a really hot bath. I light a candle and usually read.
Another is sushi. My family won’t eat it and every now and then, I’ll order it from a local bento place and pick it up. The below photo is from our 2015 Hawaii trip when I ordered it.
And to keep it short, I’m picking one of my favorite thins to truly get lost in: pro wrestling. I’ve shared pics of my fave guys before but below is Dean winning the Intercontinental belt when we went to a live show in January; so much fun!