1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title ‘March Madness’?
Hmm, just the normal stuff: kids getting back to school after Spring Break, house reno in hopes of putting it on the market soon, baseball three nights a week, and today, packing for a quick trip to NY!
2. What’s a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children’s childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there’s a story behind the origin please share.
I can’t begin to tell you how many different ways my kids said certain things and we still bring them up. You’d have to really hear some of them to understand… like if we asked Elliot if he felt ok or even a question where his answer wasn’t quite right, he’d always say, “I DOOOO.” in a whiny voice. And there was another time he saw something moving outside and went, “Oh! it’s a bug!” There’s others too but just so so many.
Personally, the first thing that came to mind was how I said Bill Cosby (now a bad name, I know). But I said “Coz Bisby.”
3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick ( under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-
clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don’t get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets
Of the fifteen ‘quick’ tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?
I have been slowly doing quite a few spring cleaning tasks. Of that list, I have gone behind furniture, cleaned the oven/range, and general gadget cleaning. With a move approaching, I know a lot will get done just from that.
4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?
Hmm, tough one but the first that came to mind was Ghostbusters in NY.
5. What’s put a spring in your step this month?
Let’s see… probably my brief tanning moments in the backyard. I just feel generally happier if I can get a good 20 minutes in full sun. It’s like it recharges me.
6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
LOL I am! Well, I teach college so it’s a different ballgame than the typical iteration of “teacher”. I will say, and I don’t mean this to sound negative, I am not sure how much longer I can teach in the college setting. It’s become SO left wing and indoctrinating into this mindset of whiny, new age, loves big government, women good/men bad ideology that I am getting a little tired of it. However, it is possible to set enough of that aside and just do my job of teaching composition so for now, it’s a job I enjoy.
7. What’s your favorite floral scent? Do you have this somewhere in your home or maybe in a perfume? How do you feel about florals in food? How about wines with floral notes-yay or nay?
Hmm, let’s go with lily. I enjoy the smell of a bouquet. In general, I am not a big floral person. Maybe orange blossoms but not much else.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As mentioned above, Ash and I are stealing away to NYC this weekend for our friend’s wedding. I am both excited and super stressed. I have a lot to do at work before tonight when I have a lot to do to pack up. I am thankful for my parents driving over to keep my house running. (And for the fact that they’re a little under 3 hours away.) I hate flying but it’s not that long of a flight and it’s direct. I am both looking forward to the trip – seeing the city again and having fun with people I haven’t seen in a while – and stressed about travel. BUT, wish me luck and y’all have a good one!