Looks like our host, Stacy, is super busy with, you know, moving and all. I am jealous they sold their home (since we’re looking to) but very happy for her. Anyway, on with the Random and Tuesday Chat!
- I am so out of sorts! I love the holidays but they make me feel off-kilter. This weather isn’t helping; we’ve had quite a bit of rain and warm temps. BUT, the end of the week is supposed to be freezing. Literally; below 30.
- I feel a bit like a heel because I hassled Isaac’s soccer coach and I think she’s annoyed. Look, coaches were supposed to contact team members no later than November 19th. My first contact from her came in the form of a phone call on the 30th after I texted her. I missed the call and her message didn’t tell me anything pertinent, just that she’d call back. So I called parks and rec because I had missed a few emails at work lately and kind of wondered if that was the case. No, she just hadn’t done it yet. Sigh. Now I’m THAT mom, the one who’s over-concerned. but with solo parenting this week, I had to know what I was dealing with!
- I decided to side-step the river of water in the daycare parking lot today by cutting through a small planter area and what do you know – it was like a swamp. My right foot is all dirty now and my loafer is a mess. Just one of those day. And whenever I say that phrase, I think of this awful Limp Bizkit song. But it is appropriate.
- I have a loooong list of things to do this week, a few of which are: make mac and cheese (again) for a work pot luck, pre-order Star Wars tickets, wrap gifts, watch 12 Rounds 3: Lockdown, and drink eggnog. Yes, that last one is on my list.
- The movie is a WWE production featuring my fave wrestler, Dean Ambrose, as a cop. Um, yes please.
- OK, time for Tuesday Chat!
Time to share that favourite holiday recipe!
Cocktails totally count.
OK so I personally have not made these but my mom always did and they’re what I remember about Christmas food. Eat a few of these with some eggnog (laced with a bit of brandy, of course.)
Date Nut Balls
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, or as needed
- Cook and stir dates, sugar, and margarine in a large saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Fold crispy rice cereal, pecans, and vanilla extract into the date mixture until evenly mixed.
- Grease your hands with margarine. Roll date mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Spread confectioners’ sugar into a shallow dish; roll date balls in confectioners’ sugar to coat.
FYI, I got curious the other day and googled what the hell a sugarplum actually IS, and surprisingly, it’s a whole lot like this! They were traditionally dates, prunes, and apricot (I believe) – dried – pureed with assorted nuts and only mildly sweetened. Kind of surprising, you know?
3 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – Soccer, nut balls, hot wrestlers who also act!”
For some reason I can’t think of anything to stay about the post, I don’t know my mind is blank, so all I can say is I was here
And I appreciate your presence!
Um, supposed to call on a certain date and 2 weeks later….still nothing??! No, you are not THAT mom, she is THAT coach. As a mom I can certainly relate — we need information in a timely manner.
These sound delicious! I am looking for some new recipes this year — I will still my own peanut caramel and shortbread, but its nice to add a few new ones every now and then.