1. Let’s talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10, where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What’s your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?
I’m going to put myself at a 5. I don’t do a ton outside because stringing the lights always messes with the way our roof is and it’s a total pain. Inside, I put up a lot of stuff in my living room and my favorite is my Christmas village. If I had space it could have a lot more. (here’s an older photos)
2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it’s special to you in some way, tell us why. Or go both-it’s Christmas!
I don’t have a photo and I am not home right now but yes, I have a small one. The kids love to set it up. It isn’t special other than my mom always had one and she gave me this one.
3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? Is so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
It’s funny that this is a question because it’s something I have blogged about it before. My particular street is not social. We have a couple friends around the block who hang out with each other out of proximal convenience but we don’t see them too often, even though our kids go over there to play. Now, most of my friends DO live in these kinds of ‘hoods where they have big movie nights and all the kids hang out. I was just saying to an acquaintance of mine how I like the idea but I don’t like some of the ins and outs. Most of my friends are in situations where the other parents sometimes ask them to get their kids or do extra favors. Kids are always coming in and out of their homes. I know some people might like that, but I honestly do not.
4. As the saying goes, ‘there’s no time like the present’. How does that ring true in your life right now?
Though I try to live in the moment to appreciate what I have, right now I am looking forward to it being Friday because my husband is out of town and, well, I’d like to have him back.
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
Nope. I just had a weekend, I can handle a Monday. Tuesdays on the other hand… HATE.
6. Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now?
I don’t have any now but I really lie Christmas cacti. They usually last longer
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.
[YOU’VE BEEN WARNED; THIS IS NOT CENSORED!!]
From National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, because it’s so so funny.
“Where do you think you’re going? Nobody’s leaving. Nobody’s walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We’re all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We’re gonna press on, and we’re gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he’s gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.”
8. Insert your own random thought here.
What do you do when you don’t really feel that holiday spirit? My house is decorated, I’ve been listening to Christmas songs, and even drinking eggnog. But I am not really feeling very Christmasy. I find that the older I get and the busier I get, the less I feel that magical uplifting feeling in my heart. Suggestions on getting it back?