**I apologize for the weird formatting below**
1. Besides your very own house, describe a place where you feel most ‘at home’?
My parents recently moved so I cannot say their house. I guess I will say the beach. That may seem weird but I always feel calm when I am there.
2. When did you last ‘hit a home run‘ with something? Explain.
Can I just say “recently”? I feel like we’ve checked off a lot of boxes lately so we’re hitting a home run in the game of life!
3. Tell us about something you love in your house or kitchen that is ‘homemade’.
Hmm, well we made a little computer nook in the kitchen out of a portion of countertop. I really like how it fits perfectly into this one space. I the added a nice shelf to put the printer on. I think the next buyer might really like it.
4. ‘A man’s home is his castle’…which of the world’s ten most captivating castles (according to The Travel Channel) would you most like to visit and why-
Mont Saint-Michel (France), Edinburgh Castle (Scotland), Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany), Glamis Castle (Scotland), Windsor Castle (England), Chateu de Chambord (France), Hampton Court Palace (England), Prague Castle (Prague), St. Michael’s Mount (England), Leeds Castle (England), and Swallow’s Nest (Ukraine)
***FORMATTING IS GONNA GET WEIRD NOW**
Without a doubt, Mont Saint-Michel simply because of the water. Doesn’t it get accessible at low tide but you could be stuck there at high? Yes! Here, form Wikipedia:
“The tides can vary greatly, at roughly 14 metres (46 ft) between high and low water marks. Popularly nicknamed “St. Michael in peril of the sea” by medieval pilgrims making their way across the flats, the mount can still pose dangers for visitors who avoid the causeway and attempt the hazardous walk across the sands from the neighbouring coast.”
5. What’s a recent or upcoming plan or project that’s required you do a little homework before getting started? Did the homework cause you to abandon your plan or adjust it in some way?
Well, I’m in the process of doing homework on: handymen, fence people, tile guys, etc… so we can begin the process of fixing up our home to sell. I am also getting new car insurance quotes. Geico had been good for me since I was 16 and then my husband backs into the garage just a little and they raise our monthly by 50 bucks!
6. In your opinion, is homework an unnecessary evil or a valuable practice? Should schools be done with homework? Why or why not?
I think the right amount of homework IS good. It is good practice for when you aren’t in school. I honestly believe my children think differently while in school and when at home so this does help cement those ideas.
7. Share a favorite memory of your childhood hometown.
Where I grew up in South Florida, we had alleys between streets so my dad and I often rode bikes up and down them in our neighborhood. As I got a little older, he took me across Hollywood Boulevard and we’d get Slurpees at 7-11. Once I had an allowance, I spent my cash on WWF (now WWE) trading cards. I wish I still had those!
8. Insert your own random thought here
Ever have those weeks where you have so much to do you can barely keep track of it all? That’s me this week. I need to sit down right now and make a list and then start marking stuff off. I will feel really good once that gets done!