Doesn’t a beach get-away sound good right now? Yeah, that’s what’s on my mind today
- So apparently, people are up in arms about how “offensive” Seth McFarlane was as the Oscars host. Personally, I don’t really spend time being offended by petty things like that. I have waaay more important things to worry about these days. If it’s so offensive, turn the channel, come back in a moment. And for the record, the “We saw your boobs” song was kind of funny. I mean, it’s true. How could anyone be mad about the truth?
- One day last week, Ash was out and the boys and I had made a pretty nice chicken dinner and I decided we’d run out for dessert. I *never* do this so it was a real treat. We went to Sonic so Ell could get a milkshake and I got what I have been craving for weeks: a cherry limeade. The evening was clear and beautiful so we took a little drive around Lake Ella. I had forgotten how much I love driving at dusk. It’s a calming time. I need to relish in those moments more often, I have decided.
- I told Ash last night that I know what I want for my birthday: to eat without children. I barely care where we go (though I’d prefer one of the nicer places in Tally I haven’t been) but I want to sit down and have someone serve me nice food without having to tell a child to lower their voice or use a utensil or napkin. I miss the days before kids sometimes, just for this aspect alone. Of course back then, I have no perspective. It was normal for Ash and I to go out three, four times a week and indulge by ourselves. But yeah, looking forward to a birthday dinner. (only 30 days away!)
- For the record, Ash will actually be out of town on my actual birthday. He has a business trip for a conference and well, that kind of sucks. I’m not big on birthdays but still. That’s crappy.
- I own one pair of real winter shoes: Merrell Primo Chills. I have had them for quite a while and every now and then, I scope ebay for a good pre-owned pair. Well I finally found some and ended up paying about 34 bucks for a 90 dollar pair of shoes. Look at the difference between the semi-used ones and my old beat up ones:
- Yeah, I am hard on shoes
- Hey, hey you know what? The sun is out today! It’s fairly amazing, considering it’s been bordering on monsoon, not even kidding.
- Let’s get back to basics here today. My friend on Facebook (a dad, if you must know) asked, “Jeremy Renner or Daniel Craig?” Well, you know my answer: Both, at the same time. (Pretty sure that’s not what he meant.)
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for the We Want to Know Meme! Here’s a preview question:
When you need to get out of the house, what do you do?