- OK so, I’m actually writing this on Thursday because I have a bunch of grading to do and I really can’t seem to get started. I guess I addressed those two SmartThinking papers soon as I got in and then I fizzled out. I kind of blame it on this fuzzy head I have. I’m not hungover but I did drink probably a wee bit too much, too quickly. We had a retirement thing to attend and had a couple before and just two pilsners while there. I don’t typically drink those and I honestly think that is what caused my bad feeling.
- I find that I keep having self-defeating thoughts. Random as that may seem but my brain keeps conjuring up “what-ifs” about past situations. Like the time my husband was swimming in a lake during a rainstorm. Had it been struck by lightning, would he have suffered? The point here being: it’s in the past and he’s just fine so why the ever-loving HECK am I still thinking about this? Maybe there’s something still to be learned but as far as I can tell, this is a waste of brainspace.
- OK, Friday now. Yesterday was weird: Ash has this thing with his guy friends (2 single, 2 married/engaged) and they go to dinner every other Thursday. So for them, they want to get away – from life and significant others – so it always sucks when they go somewhere I like and Ash wishes I could go. Well, he broke the rule yesterday. We decided he and I would eat at Growler Country first and then when the guys got there, I’d leave soon after. Well, we get home and he was annoyed that I hadn’t planned a meal and I was like, wait, we’re eating there. Then he says, ‘No, I’ll get a pretzel but that’s not enough’ and I’m thinking, OH, I’M JUST SUPPOSED TO READ YOUR MIND? Husbands are like that across the board, I think. They expect things to be this way. He’s not always like that but, alas. ANYWAY, I hit the grocery store for some sandwich stuff and he was happy and we had a couple beers then went to the place and I had tacos and I was happy! So it did all end up working out.
- We leave for the beach today and while I am mostly prepared and half-packed, I feel stressed about it. I know I shouldn’t be and when I get that way the whole family feels it. But I just get so uptight about making sure everything goes well. It’s unreasonable to think anything goes perfectly all the time, I do realize this.
- My grandfather appears to be doing much better. Not sure if he fell or hit his arm on something but it was swollen and I think there was some kind of bleeding happening. He sounded well when I spoke to him this morning. Here’s hoping that once he gets to the other hospital, not the VA one, he can get the surgery they say he needs.
One thought on “Friday Five – Time for a break”
Prayers for your grandfather. It’s probably a good thing he’s going to a regular hospital rather than the VA.