- I was actually home all day yesterday (campus was closed) and I still didn’t blog. Admittedly, I did the least amount of work work that I had to – posted announcements, etc. But I focused mainly on: running, vacuuming the pool, cleaning, getting ready for our trip. I was pretty productive actually.
- I am not really panicking about our road trip; not yet anyway. I have a list and a plan and will be moving towards packing today and not last minute, which would be tomorrow. This makes me feel better also. I want to mention something else that is helping my overall mood: lemon balm tea. Just found out about this plant and the tea promotes feelings of calmness. I mean, if we’re being honest, I’m sure smoking pot would too but this feels a lot healthier. LOL. I found a tea brand that is lemon balm and elderberry and it’s pretty tasty and indeed, I felt a lot more calm after drinking it.
- It’s so hot here that our A/C can barely keep up. It doesn’t help that we have one unit that runs two floors. It’s supposed to be 103 tomorrow and I swear, I am glad we are leaving town!
- Back in the office today, only for two days, then we head out. Knoxville then Ohio, then back through Chattanooga and home, only to head out the next day for a concert in Jacksonville. I totally botched my concert outfit plan until last night: normally I wear a band shirt, my battle jacket, Chucks, and jeans. But it’s gonna be WAY too hot for pants so I had to go to Goodwill (I don’t often buy full price clothes) for some shorts. And they have to be jean shorts because my sporty water wicking ones from Bass Pro don’t really fit the style. Luckily I did find a few good options. Sounds silly, I know, but your concert outfit is important! Super pumped about this concert: don’t let me down Poison, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard! (Oh and Joan Jett but eh, not a fan.)
- I did my HIIT sprints yesterday and my legs are hurting. I remember when I first started those over a year ago and they helped me so much. When I began training for longer distances, I was running so much faster, on average. It felt so good too. I used to be a 10, 10:30 pace and I was getting into the 8s, if not hitting 7s on the last stretch. Losing weight didn’t hurt either.
- On Saturday, I literally drank ALL day. I had a sandwich (semi-healthy) and chips (not healthy) and we ate a big old Mexican meal that night. Sunday we had a huge meal too for father’s day: Costco chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, corn and bread. SOMEHOW I didn’t gain my normal 4-5 pounds like I typically do on a weekend. My body has finally gotten this whole fat burning thing down. You see, most everyone is burning carbs. That’s why you’re hungry again in three hours. But once you train it to burn fat instead, you’re good to go.
- OK, I’m gonna go answer the Wednesday Hodgepodge questions and get to “work” here at , you know, work. 🙂
2 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – somehow I skipped Monday blogging, HEAT, leaving soon”
I got stuck on all the food you had. Sounds so good.
Have a great trip.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥
I could go for Def Lepperd and Mothley Crue, but I’m also not a fan of Joan Jett! Sounds like maybe you eat keto sometimes. My son does too. It worked well for him!