- That’s right; I’m using Random Tuesday to whine. But it’s my way of organizing and compartmentalizing my stress-related things. It may also help me overcome them.
- So, as of Monday at 9:30, I have called the soccer office and asked for my request: that my middle child get switched to a team that has Monday/Wednesdays practices like my oldest. Otherwise, we are just going to be SO busy. And we have a lot of other stuff on Thursdays so that might interfere now and then. However, its pretty much only through May so I guess it’s not forever. We were doing this last Spring until Elliot broke his leg. So all I can do now is hope Coach Bev takes pity on me and finds a team for us. All I can do now is wait. (Which I hate doing)
- The other thing is, of course, work. I start my one TCC class soon but it’s not a lot. It’s better than nothing but I need one more position so I can make it through the summer. I applied to a bunch of stuff last week so here we go: the waiting time.
- So now, I feel like March, April, and May are going to kick my ass with so many things. I mean, I like to be busy but at some point, how do you make sure you’re not becoming overwhelmed? You’d think by this age, I would have figured it out.
- Speaking of age, we’re now in my birthday month. 43 is nothing big of course. Ash asked if I wanted him to rent a place down in Panacea for the brew fest we’ll be serving at and I said no, because I don’t want to make it a whole big deal. I’d just rather have a relaxed day where I don’t have to cook. Is that too much to ask?
- Running isn’t stressing me but this coming Saturday is. The kids and I are doing a 5k at 8 and then Elliot has a double header – 9:30 and 12:30. If Isaac stays on the same team, then he has a game at 11. What a day it will be!
- Oh and as of now, I don’t know if Elliot will make counselor in training for the camp. If he does, he’ll work all summer but at this point, I am debating skipping one session for the other kids to save money. But I’ll be dropping him off regardless. So the stress really comes from the not knowing yet.
- So now, Isaac did not get a MW soccer team. At least, not yet. I got a call back and she said she doesn’t have one BUT if any kids drop out this first week, there may be a chance. So right now, we’re waiting for that possibility as well as for a spot to open up for this summer music camp. The clarinet section was already on waitlist but we registered him for that just in case. So, bated breath!
- I’m really cold today and I’m tired of this! It’s so time for sun and beach and just… something else.
4 thoughts on “Random Tuesday stressors”
Every once in a while, we just need to say it all “out loud” (on our blog 🙂 ) and then we can move on. I love that you do that well. Seriously!!
I hope y’all get the team changed – otherwise, y’all are going to be there every day.
What kinds of camps do your kids attend besides music camp?
43? You’re a kid yet…
I think more kids play clarinet than any other instrument in school. I went through a period when everyone I met played the clarinet in the school band. Just as a suggestion, I understand that the fingering for tenor saxophone is exactly the same…
Hmm, interesting. If he does not pursue clarinet, I’ll suggest that! Have to see if he’s serious enough first. I do think wanting to go to the camp indicates some lasting interest.
There’s a little difference, obviously, because it’s bigger and the keys are more spread out, but he probably has the embouchure for it…