1. Somehow it’s March? Is it coming in like a lion where you live? Tell us one fun thing on your March calendar.
It’s been cold in the morning then warm by afternoon but then again, March in North Florida can be vert bipolar! We have lots going on but on the 26th is this festival: https://www.visitpanacea.com/beer-oyster-festival. We’ll be serving our beer at it and maybe – just maybe – I’ll give oysters another try. They’re on my “no I don’t like them” list.
2. In what way(s) do you ‘march to the beat of your own drum’?
SO SO many ways: I’m an English person but not a liberal (yes, I realize this is not an across the board thing but for the MOST part…); I’m an early 40s mom who still listens to metal music; I have a lot of very feminine friends but I’m not girly. I come across as “hard” but my other favorite music is yacht rock. I’m sure there are others but those are the big ones.
3. The Hodgepodge lands on Dr. Suess Day (March 2nd). Do you like eggs? How about ham? Share a favorite quote from one of his books.
Eggs and ham are great; yes. As far as a quote goes, he apparently said this one: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.“ I like it!
4. Have you read Little Women? How about Alice in Wonderland? Did you love them, like them, feel just eh about them? Why is this question in the Hodgepodge today?
Ha, yeah, why IS this question here? I have not read Little Women but I have read Alice. I also just watched a video about how Lewis Carroll had a kind of inappropriate relationship with the real Alice. He never did anything to her but he seemed to be attracted to her when she was only 12 or 13. Ew.
5. How do you meal plan? How often do you shop for groceries? One homemade meal that was on your menu last week or is on your menu this week?
I used to be much better about meal-planning but now, I can pretty much count on T/TH being keto days for me and the husband, with M/W being our days to eat lunch out. (We only eat once a day). So for the kids, their meals rely heavily on what the sports schedule looks like that night. For example, they had chicken and mac and cheese last night around 5:30 b/c my oldest had 7 pm practice. Tonight I will make pizza crescents around 6 and my middle can eat his when he gets back from practice around 7.
Groceries: well, I mostly keep staples on hand and since I always need a mid-day break from grading and whatnot, I head to the store for fresh stuff.
Homemade meal I made on Friday: lasagna.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
In an attempt to avoid watching my typical youtubers who talk about current events/politics, I began listening to stuff like Sade, Gloria Estefan, and Jimmy Buffett and now I am all feeling that beachy vibe. Sure, it’s still pretty mild here – not cold but definitely not necessarily beach weather – but in my mind, I am beach ready.
On another note, we gave Yellowstone another try. We started it about a year ago and couldn’t even get through episode one, it was so boring! But now, we’re halfway through season two and totally hooked. I see what people like about it.