Took me a little to get going today because this morning, my husband was getting ready to go away for a couple days with his buddies to see a concert and then I taught and had other junk to do. But here I am!
1. It’s fall y’all! Officially that is and in the northern hemisphere only, so if you’re visiting from down under happy spring! Does it feel like fall where you live? Does it look like fall aka are the leaves beginning to change? What is your favorite fall color? Scent? Flavor?
OK so, it is rather hot today BUT there’s good weather in our forecast. Supposedly it will get down to the low 60s tonight and be nice tomorrow. I am very excited about this!
Not a lot of leaves yet but this one scraggly tree in the front yard has changed. North Florida is a weird place where we get some fall foliage; definitely more than the rest of the state!
I am fond of the Fall oranges. I enjoy cinnamon smells. And I will eat pumpkin spice stuff but I think of apple cinnamon as a more fall-like taste for me.
2. What’s something you’re not?
Good at math
3. Share a favorite quote related to fall and tell us why it’s a favorite.
I like this because without fail, every year I cling to summer and want to swim and hit the beach and then, one day, I just… don’t. And I want to fall decorate and think about the latter part of the year.
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what’s your favorite fall meal?
I enjoy chili a great deal. I think it’s a great comfort food on cold days.
5. Share a favorite photo you took last fall?
We did a pumpkin carving party at our friends’ house.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Last week, Ash was stressed about this work project and it painted his mood on just about everything. I get this all too well because now I am there. I have a lot to do for work in various platforms so it just FEELS like more than I can do. And I just can’t seem to focus well enough or wrap my brain around it. I wasted my one hour I had Tuesday so now, I am playing catch-up. But today, I did get more things completed, which is a huge burden lifted from my shoulders. Today is the one day we don’t have a ton of activities so I want to relax, if we’re being honest.
I feel like the above paragraph was all over the place; if I were grading myself, I would have figured out how to make that flow better! Needless to say, I am overwhelmed and trying to find a way to get my head above water.