1. What’s something you ‘may’ do this month?
Feel like my own person? LOL. I have been in caring mom mode for a while now, what with the weeks of practices and games and then Ell’s broken leg. Monday my middle boy had a little bit of a stomach bug so I was over here feeling all kinds of put out. We adults can only take so much; my husband was for sure getting to the end of his rope with it all too. I may get myself a pedicure too. I need one badly!
2. Last time you literally or figuratively shouted mayday!?
Not to beat a dead horse but Monday? Yesterday? I was so tired of being summoned by kids who can’t do what they normally do. I just felt so put out and DONE.
3. Let the chips fall where they may, come what may, maybe, Cape May, mayflies, devil may care, you may now kiss the bride, much to our dismay, mayhem, mayonnaise…choose a ‘may’ word or phrase from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way right now.
Mayhem for sure. It’s been so chaotic but of course, mayhem sort of means things are all over the place. We’ve had down time, sure, then some crazy rushed moments.
4. If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this weekend, what would you like to see on the menu?
So breakfast food is my favorite but I wouldn’t eat it in the morning anymore, as I do intermittent fasting. BUT, if someone were to give me stuff, let’s see: definitely grits, bacon and probably fried over easy or a poached egg. Maybe a little avocado too?
5. Tell me one true thing you believe about motherhood.
That it is by far the most thankless yet rewarding job there is. Kids can say “thanks” all day but you know they won’t truly get it until they themselves are older. And that’s the reward: seeing your kids grown up and successful. (Hopefully!)
6. Insert your own random thought here.
A little thin on my answers this week but I am just now trying to get back to it. So I caught Isaac’s stomach bug and spent yesterday pretty much in a fog. I didn’t throw up as much as he did but I had awful stomach cramps and body aches. I woke up today feeling rested (I did get in bed at 9:30) but I am definitely weak. I’ve been drinking Gatorade but have not eaten anything yet. I’m a little scared to but honestly, if the drink stays down, I am probably ok. I am just waiting to feel good again, you know? Between caring for everyone then being down and out myself, I just feel like a shell of a person. Add onto that having to still grade papers and have my brain “on” and it’s just been rough. I am not entirely sure what will help other than pushing through.
On a positive note, we DID have a blast at our friend’s lake house. I am sharing two photos from the trip: one is Sunday when Elliot came and the other, Saturday when he stayed home. Ignore my son’s dumb look; he was actually happy, believe it or not.