- I was feeling motivated yesterday but it was a class day so I planned in the am then taught, then came home and began working on a beer cheese dip and pretzel bites. Score! It turned out well.
- My motivation continued today, seeing as how it’s a day home. I did a 10 minute yoga stretch video, ran two miles with some hill repeats in between, then carried heavy-ass wet leaf bags to the street. Definitely should not have left them sitting! I was a little lazy after eating breakfast but then I got up and mailed off a rebate then met Ash for lunch at the mall. Got my kid some shoes, a cold brew, then hit the grocery store for a couple things for dinner later this week.
- On a roll, I moved big Jenga into a storage box, troubleshot my garage door opener only to come to the conclusion it just needs to be replaced, then I started putting water in the pool. I then went upstairs to fetch laundry and I also cleared out a bag of stuff I still had lying around from when I moved out of my old office! I am so dang proud of myself. I kind of want to take a nap but think I might be ok. Once the kids get home, we have to go to Hobby Lobby for project supplies. Isaac has to make a 3-d Florida map.
- For the most part, I think I have beaten the depression I was feeling. Pretty good considering I am normally blah throughout most of January and February. Honestly, it started with a new essential oil blend that was supposed to improve mood, then writing helped a lot. I try to journal as consistently as possible.
- And to be honest with you, I got really down when, in December, I asked my friends if they wanted to meet up and no one got back to me. I was like, fine, be that way. But then maybe 2 weeks later, they both texted to see if we could all go out for drinks. And after that, we’ve hung out a few more times. It was my own self-deprecating view that made me feel like I was out of the loop or something. I don’t want to see them all the time, but I need to know we’re still friends. LOL.
- Anyway, if I sit here too long, I’ll lose my momentum and I definitely don’t want to do that!
2 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – Blues busters, ETC”
Momenteum is good
Depression is not
Hope you continue to have momenteum without depression
I think that time of year (more specifically the holidays) tends to make us more self-deprecating than other times of year, especially when our friends’ schedules are so hectic all year long, but more so during the holidays. I’ve been exactly where you are, and it’s tough to climb up out of the doldrums, but I’m glad you did – and that you’ve been able to hang out with your friends more. 🙂 It also sounds like I need to find out about your essential oil blend! 😉 Hope you’re keeping the momentum going!