1. During Red Ribbon Week a red ribbon or rubbery silicone bracelet is worn to remind others to live drug free lives and honor the sacrifices of all those who’ve have lost their lives fighting the war against illegal drugs.
Do you have family members or loved ones in law enforcement? Wearing any memorial ribbons or bracelets?
Nope. I haven’t had to do that – thankfully.
2. There isn’t an International Day for October 30th.
What is your suggestion for a new national or international day?
Hmm, perhaps “try on your Halloween costume and get ready” day? Ha ha, that’s just me? OK!
3. On this date in 1938, Orson Welles performed his radio play of H. G. Wells’ The War Of The Worlds. Some people understood it to be an actual news broadcast of a Martian attack though there were disclaimers throughout the show.
Have you witnessed an example of people behaving to the contrary in spite of warnings?
Bonus question: Did you listen to or do you stream radio shows? Listen to books or prefer reading?
The only example I can think of is when a tropical storm is approaching and people go nutso at the parks where the city dumps sand for bags. We don’t flood that much and a TS is not a hurricane. So despite the fact that (typical) weather reports say, hold on for a slight bit of rain, people lose their minds and over-prepare.
And no, I have never listened but I did watch the Tom Cruise remake and I kinda like it.
4. In honor of Grace Slick’s birthday, is pop music solely the domain of younger artists?
Hard to say, as I don’t give a good goddamn about pop. Sure, 80s was good stuff but these days, it’s such mindless drivel, I can’t stand it. So you know, if I had to answer, I’d say yes it is for the youth because they haven’t learned much yet and can easily push out some generic bullshit. Sorry if I sound harsh; I just really hate pop music. I also want to point out that she said “rock n rollers” and to me, you can do that at any age.
5. Tomorrow is Halloween. Any fond memories of Trick Or Treating or escorting little ones while they made the rounds? Favorite costume?
Bonus question: As an adult, have you attended a Halloween party or fancy-dress ball? Sexy? Or spooky?
I LOVE Halloween! I have many great memories and some scary ones too. In general, I used to love how my friend hosted parties in their neighborhoods when all the kids were little and we’d ride around on a trailer full of hay.
I haven’t gone to many Halloween parties but we always do dress up with the other adults as we escort the kids. The sexiest I ever dressed was as the Avengers’ Black Widow. This year, I am a metal head. Easy!
6. Please share with us something interesting about your week.
It’s been a busy, rainy week so far. Lots of stuff for my classes and this rain/dreariness seems endless. Also, I have been running a lot – 3 miles Sunday, 3 miles Tuesday morning with one more in the afternoon – and I am now starving all the time. I mean, I want to eat SO MUCH FOOD right now. I am going to stop by Dunkin on my way to work and get a croissant. I hate that they got rid of biscuits but so be it. I’ll get something tasty, that’s for sure.