A few weeks ago I listed things I wanted to do once I had transitioned into my new schedule with more at-home time. Let’s see how many of them I have done and if I have new ones to add. It’s been roughly 6 weeks!
- Drive out to Bradley’s when I feel cooped up. Well, what I ended up doing was driving the kids out there on the Friday before school began. I was off work to do doctor and orientation things so we went out there and got candy and I got some pickles. I have not made another trip out.
- Make kombucha. I did! Actually, I made one batch that turned out great, shared my SCOBY with a friend so she could, and today is day 7/9 of first fermentation for my second batch. I can’t decide what fruit to put in this one. Raspberries maybe.
- Sand and repaint the stair railings. Not yet!
- Go back to doing yoga. Nope. Been doing some stretches but none of the videos I was before.
- Run! Yes, I have been consistently running on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Not too far – sometimes just 2 or 3 miles – but definitely have the time now.
- Digitize old photos. Not yet. It’s all set up but I haven’t taken that step to begin.
- Minor yard maintenance. Some. I have been moving my sprinkler around lately since we’ve had very little rain and are actually at a rainwater deficit for Summer. I’e also been keeping up with adding water to the pool. But there’s so much other yard stuff I could be doing.
- Try new restaurants. Ok this I have done. I tried the burrito bowls at this place called Burrito Boarder (sadly, no good), I had a sandwich at Lucky’s market (too much bread), and I got bahn mi from a Vietnamese restaurant (it was AMAZING.) I still have a couple places I want to hit.
- Sit by/in the pool. NOPE! I sat on the deck a few times but have not gotten in alone.
- Find and make more crockpot recipes. I did, when Ash was out of town, but I could be doing much better.
- Transfer old VHS home movies to another format. Nope.
- Look into investments. NOPE
- Clean out the bags of junk I took from the old office. Somewhat. I was looking for some kind of office-y clip and I went through one bag I thought may have one so I cleaned a little.
Additional things I DID do:
- Purchased Disney tickets. Had been putting it off and don’t know why!
- Decorated for Fall and Halloween!
- Eaten lunch with my husband often enough. More often than we ever used to.
- Started keeping track of my paychecks. Before, I’d just let everything for the month get deposited then I paid off my bills at month’s end. But since it’s different now, I need to stay on top of it.