1. The first week of October is National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe?
I did read Nancy drew when I was a kid but I wasn’t much into mysteries. I much preferred the Choose Your Own adventure series, if we’re talking a type of book.
I definitely do not know who Nero Wolfe is. Mystery novelist?
2. The first week of October is also National Chili Week. Do you plan on celebrating with a bowl of red? Have a top-secret recipe to share?
I do love chili and I usually make some around this time. My family isn’t much into it but whenever I make it for myself, I vary the recipe some. I will go to the store and buy a packet of seasoning then play around with the ingredients, whether it’s adding some variation of the Rotel tomatoes or using buffalo instead of beef.
3. October 2nd is National Name Your Car Day. Does your car or did a family car have a name?
No, but I had a friend in high school who went through a few 1970s Lincoln Continentals and he named one Connie and one Maybelline (it was a shimmery pinkish.)
4. Today is also National Walk To School Day. Did you walk to school with your friends? Take the school bus? Ever have someone carry your books home from school?
That’s funny; the kids and I were just talking about this this morning! They asked where I went to elementary school and I moved out of a private school after second grade so for 3-5, I walked to Orange Brook elementary. I didn’t walk with friends but kids all over were walking. I started taking the bus in middle school because it was too far away. And no, no one ever carried my books because that tradition had died out by the 80s.
5. And it is National Pumpkin Seed Day. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds? Or more of a pumpkin spice person?
I do enjoy them if they are done right and every now and then I will take the time to de-gunk the ones from our pumpkins and roast. I have purchased them before, yes. They are good on salads. I like pumpkin spice but I don’t go nuts over it. Target has this pumpkin spice caramel popcorn right now and that stuff is good!
6. Please tell us something interesting about your week.
I have had a good but busy week. We have various activities all week. Elliot had service hours for school last night and Isaac had a weeknight flag game. I was super unmotivated to do work yesterday but since it was my home day, I could put it off a little. I ended up doing some grading but then I went to the chiropractor, to the beer store for a couple rarities, walked a loop at a nice park, then Ash and I went to lunch. Then I went to the mall, bought a Slipknot shirt, got a cold pumpkin spice latte, then hit up the grocery store before coming home to nap! Once the younger kids got home, we went to Target then put up our Halloween decorations. They’d been dying to do it so I figured, October first, why not??