- Sometimes I look at the online police statistics and for a while, whenever there was an “animal incident” near my house, I worried somehow my dog got out. I sometimes still have that knee-jerk reaction, even though we no longer have pets.
- I recently started listening to (another) Swedish band named Avatar. Their lead singer puts on clown-like make-up and, surprisingly, I am not too squicked by it. I have a mild case of coulrophobia.
- In undergrad, I took a speech class where we had to speak about two things; one informative and one persuasive. For my persuasive, I convinced people to be straight-edge (LOL; like I ever was!) but for my informative speech, I talked about the fear of clowns. At the time, like, 1999, I found the SCARIEST clown pic on the internet. It was black and white, grainy, and the clown had pointy teeth and a pig nose. I cannot find it today.
- I pondered this on twitter yesterday: Do teenaged girls still plaster their walls with pictures of boys they like? Do they still even buy posters? I told my kids this story, because we’d been watching Full House: I once traded a picture of Patrick Swayze, in the locker room at a summer camp, for a picture of John Stamos. It felt like bartering precious metals.
- I got very little done at work yesterday but today I’m killin’ it. I have been working steadily for nearly two hours. Pretty proud of myself. I thought maybe as I got older I’d just sort of accept the drudgery of work but no, some days are great and I feel like an actual productive employee. Which in turn makes me better at home.
- It helps that I am finally not tired. I fell asleep in my armchair by 9 last night, woke around 10:30, and sort of dozed for 30 minutes. Then I went to bed for real and when I woke up, I actually felt refreshed!
- I’m selling – or rather, my daughter is selling – Girl Scout cookies for the first time and you know, it is like they say: they really do sell themselves!
2 thoughts on “Random Tuesday -Honestly, the most random today; my brain hurts”
When I was a teenager my walls were covered in posters but I don’t remember my girls having posters my grandson Leo has some posters on his walls though
Oh… Girl Scout Cookies always go on sale when we are supposed to be dieting after the holidays. Always!! LOL