1. Security or freedom? Can you have both? Explain.
Actually, my first thought was that my security equals my freedom. Maybe it infringes upon others’ though. So, we own guns and have surveillance. Through these measures of security, I feel free to live life as I choose.
2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why?
I think it would be cool to see the Liberty Bell.
3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot free, free for all…which ‘free’ phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.
I’m going with free reign because I feel like we’ve been rather unencumbered lately. We come home and swim and eat a light dinner and relax on the couch. Can’t ask for much more; livin’ my best life.
4. Something in your fridge that’s red? Something in your house that’s white? Something in your view that’s blue?
Red – strawberries. White – cabinets. I love a white kitchen! Blue in view: a little desk fan because sometimes my building’s A/C is garbage, like this morning!
5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? Do you like to play Monopoly? Salt water taffy-yay or nay? How do you feel about shopping at the mall? Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one.
Yes we have visited. My dad actually lived in Newark while he worked in NY during 2000/2001.
I don’t have any actual diners but where my parents are, Pensacola, their Metro Diner was voted best in Florida.
I have not eaten this pork roll but anything with pork is a-ok with me.
I like Monopoly but it does become exhausting.
Yes to taffy!
I LOVE malls; they’re my favorite.
Sinatra then Bon Jovi. Springsteen is on my top 5 LEAST favorite artists OF ALL TIME. Sorry to any fans!
Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on National NJ Day.
Obvs, these are all NJ based things!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I tell you what, I bailed on Facebook (i.e. not posting or replying) last week and I feel so much freer. It was absolutely disgusting how many people attacked me when I simply said that we needed better policies for dealing with illegals at the border. They literally said to me, “I can’t believe you’re ok with this (separating children)” Really shocking how I can say nothing about this and yet, be accused of a feeling. This is the embodiment of the toxicity of social media and the insanity revolving around people who don’t like Trump and hereby, hate everyone and everything having to do with him or the administration. That makes no sense, right? There are lots of people I don’t care for but it doesn’t translate to larger issues. Sigh.
So with voting coming up in so many states, I implore you to do your research on issues and vote for people who will uphold your beliefs. It’s all we can do.
I think this is relevant because July 4th is looming and I am not afraid to tell you that I love this country. I love my freedom and the ability to think as I please (for now; the thought police are coming for you!) I will not shy away from expressing this either. I feel patriotic and there’s nothing wrong with that!