1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given ‘the royal treatment’?
Honestly? Discount Tire. They were honest, nice, tried to get me a good deal. When my car was done getting two new tires, a guy came in to let me know, he shook my hand, and told me to have a blessed day. You just don’t get that anymore!
2. The last task you completed that was a ‘royal pain’?
Hmm, I guess I’ll say… setting up my summer course. It’s online and it took a lot of forethought and fine-tuning to get all the details and deadlines right.
3. How have your strengths helped you succeed? How have your faults hindered you?
I would say yes they have helped in that I do take pride in good work, I pay attention to detail and like to accomplish things on time. My faults, like getting flustered easily, my short temper, and my inability to sometimes see the forest for the trees can make it difficult for me to work with others.
4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?
I highly doubt I’d go forward, as tempting as it would be to see how my kids turn out (God, you hope successful!) but I’d like to make a list of things in my own past where my memory is fuzzy and go back to see what really happened.
5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Does your town do anything special to mark the day?
We almost always go to the beach with other friends but they canceled it due to rain and some of our friends are out of town already. SO, we are hanging out Saturday, going to a friend’s house for food and shooting on Saturday, and we have zero plans Monday. I will at least make sure my flag looks good but I don’t typically do anything specific.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Last evening, my kids came running up the stairs to announce that “an actual person” was at the door. Our doorbell malfunctions often so when it rings, no one is ever there. They were thrilled someone was. Turns out, it was a woman working for the Adam Putnam campaign, the Republican running for Florida Governor. She and I had a nice, quick chat about the neighborhood, Putnam himself, and she gave me a flyer and left. Soon after, I realized how rare it is to run into a woman who is a Republican. Where I work, they’re all bat-shit crazy liberals (I’m not saying all liberals are crazy; I’m saying the majority of the ones I interact with are. And if I did say that, I’d be as bad as they are about their opinions on ALL conservatives.) For a second, I wanted to be this woman’s friend, as crazy as that sounds!