1. Three things on your spring bucket list? If you don’t have an actual list that’s fine, pretend you do.
Easy! Get the pool ready. Tan. Unpack. I mean, I have to do these things or else I am going to lose my mind. And really, it’s half gone anyway.
2. Where do you find rest? What restores your soul? When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here?
When I am sitting out in the sun, sunscreen applied, shades on, music in my ears, I am resting. I am at complete peace. I am also solar powered so if the sun is beating upon my skin, I am feeling restored. I was able to do this for a bit last Saturday but then a friend called and invited us out so I had to get dressed.
3. April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery? What’s your favorite dish made with celery? On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first-carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes?
I am very fond of a dish my grandmother used to make which involves softened cream cheese with chopped olives mixed in then scooped into celery. Put a little salt on top and it’s a dang good snack.
On a veggie tray you best believe I go for the cucumbers first.
4. I read here eight things to do before 8 am to make your day less hectic-Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you’re having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists-one what you’re thankful for and one what’s weighing on your mind), and after the brain dump make your to-list for the day
How many of these are you currently doing? Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?
I tend to empty the dishwasher, get dressed, and – if it’s a weekend – start laundry. The others definitely fall by the wayside on a normal hectic weekday. I think the brain dump would work well for me and in some ways, my blog is that? But that is never before 8 am.
5. Describe the view from your window.
Since I am in my office, I’ll go with that one. There is a huge pine tree right outside that casts dappled shadows on the side of both my building and Dodd hall, along with the triangular sidewalks that connect us. Students trod towards classrooms and bus stops and back to dorm rooms. Some have backpacks and some have lunch; some are chatting and some blocking out the world with their earbuds. The sun is high on this clear blue spring day and in the background, cars and trucks create the ambient sound of productivity.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
To mirror our host, we had this creepy skink thing in our house about a week ago and ew. He slithered very snakelike and was probably 8 inches long. Creepy little thing.
2 thoughts on “Wednesday ‘podge – Why are we slithering? Gross.”
That lizard looking creature is what Tim would call cool, not me though………………
I am also not a fan of celery, just saying
Oh goodness, what with Joyce’s snake and now your lizard I might have to stop visiting any more Hodgepodge post this week lol. I would not want that anywhere near my house let alone in it.