5. List 7 things that bring you comfort.
WOW I haven’t done this in a long time. But I am caught up on work and don’t feel very good so writing it is.
- Let’s get the weird one out of the way first: pictures of snowy/Christmas scenes. I hate cold. I hate being cold or out in it. And yet, a photo of a small town main street all covered in snow makes me so cozy and happy.
- When I am laying in bed at night and I take inventory: doors are all locked, kids are in their beds and bedroom doors are shut, the dog is sleeping peacefully, and all the lights are off. I feel most safe and comfy at this moment.
- The obvious answer is in relation to comfort = cozy so… blankets! Fuzzy socks and pajama pants. When it’s been cold all day and I come home and get in my chair and wrap up.
- On that note, a fire. I hope my new house has a fireplace; I always loved that my parents’ old place had one. We have a fire pit and though I enjoy it, I’d love one in the same room I’d put my Christmas tree. How awesome would that be??
- And on that note, Christmas music. Though I do think stations play it way too early, albums like James Taylor at Christmas, The Carpenter’s Christmas, and almost all the traditional songs make me feel so good inside.
- Days when everyone is getting along in the house. i.e. no children are fighting and things are low key. It’s comforting to realize we’re living in harmony – for once.
- We’ve been talking about cold and cozy things but you know what else comforts me? That first touch of bare feet in sand. I’m a beach girl through and through and just laying there, listening to the waves roll in and feeling the sand’s warmth is wonderful.