Let’s go very simple this week: 13 smells I love.
- Fall fires. The smell of fireplaces or burning leaf piles wafting on the cool air.
- That Abercrombie cologne. Yeah, I know it’s for douchey teenage boys but I just love it so much.
- New books. Something about the binding glue or whatever is super appealing.
- Fresh cut grass. Right after I mow, I will sit on the steps of my back porch and just take in that earthy scent.
- Satsuma. usually the “artificial” kind in an oil or some such. So fresh and clean.
- Clove cigarettes. Sure, I haven’t had one since I was in my early 20s but the spicy scent is intoxicating.
- The beach. I love the salt water and sand combo and also, how my skin smells after a day in the sun.
- Cheese. Any kind; it’s a rich and savory promise of yumminess.
- Coffee. That first cup of brew in the morning is warm and comforting.
- Markers. Hey, it’s weird but that chemically smell is good!
- Australian Gold after sun lotion. The tropical scent is to die for!
- Vicks vapo-rub. yeah, I know it’s just camphor but it’s so good!
- Play-doh/clay. Reminds me of kindergarten and anything that can take me back that far is amazing!
4 thoughts on “Thursday 13 – Scent-sational”
Love the naturals; could live without the colognes, lotions, and esp the Vicks. Ick. Cool list, though.
oh yes grass!!
Your post is so enticingly smellorific! Thanks for the that.
I love that play dough,too, and used to make it for my kids. It was eadible lol.
I like smells but they don’t like me – allergic to practically everything, I am. But I enjoyed your list and thinking about the aromas. Nice.