1. Can you tell I’m embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What’s your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
OMG YES. I love Mexican food. My favorite is Mexican Chicken from this local place, La Fiesta. It’s basically just grilled chicken but they have a light yet spicy cheese sauce on it. I usually get the guacamole salad instead of rice and refried beans, though I enjoy them. I like a medium salsa for the most part.
We may celebrate it, depending. My son has a field trip that day until late in the evening and my middle boy has a baseball game.
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven’t been is this a place you’d like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
No, but we’ve talked about it as an alternate retirement locale instead of Hawaii. Minimal Spanish here. I took French and Italian.
3. What’s one thing you may accomplish this month?
I might and I may get some more painting in my house done!
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what’s one thing you’d like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you’ve ever seriously considered?
Hmmm, good question. I’m pretty sure they have this weird law about building restaurants/bars downtown (we are the state capitol) but if I were in office, I’d be sure to help revamp and add fun places to our cute little downtown area. I’d like it to look more like Athens, GA.
5. What’s something that may be popular, but that you just don’t get?
LOL most popular music? Like, I can’t stand Bruno Mars but so many people think he’s great. I don’t understand the draw to Drake or Bieber or any of those folks. Maybe I just got old. 🙂
6. Can’t let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in ‘May the 4th be with you’ ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being ‘I’ve seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year‘, and 1 being, ‘what’s a Vader?‘ -where do you land?
Yes! I’m not a fanatic but I like it a lot and have seen it many many times. I guess I’d rate myself probably an 8. I have a lot of stuff and have dressed up. But I don’t consider myself a hardcore, deep-in-the-streets fan. Below, Halloween 2015.
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
You mean, my fourth post of all time? It was August of 2006 and I talked about being alone in my building at work. It’s definitely still true though I said I liked it more when students were around. These days, I prefer it quiet!
8. Insert your own random thought:
I totally understand our host wanting to back off. I hosted a blog hope once and some weeks, it was insanely hard to get around to everyone’s post and keep up with everything. I backed off for a while then quit altogether. I do hope she sticks around though.
Meanwhile, I added something to my plate (ha ha): a new food blog. If you like to look at pictures of yummy foods, then this is for you.