- I’m not feeling sad about being back from vacation anymore. I have moved into the phase of just being thankful I got one and renewed in my motivation to plug away at daily living. But I am a bit sad that we don’t have another actual paid vacation until the end of May!
- I’m dying for a quick beach trip but looking at the next three weekends at least, we’re busy each and every one. We have races and practice and my brother-in-law is scheduled to come next weekend, though he’s been having headache issues and unsure at this point. Even still, no time!
- My across the street neighbor died a couple nights ago, apparently from cancer. She was pretty old and when we got back from NY, she had a lot of people in and out of her home. I feel kind of bad because I would normally send flowers or something but I don’t know who I would send them to. Her son is mentally challenged and lives… somewhere in town. And I found out she has a sister here but I don’t know where she is either. Ugh. It’s a dilemma.
- I wasn’t going to run yesterday but I ended up doing sprints. Man, those will wear you out! But I am feeling particularly fat this week – just in my stomach – so I had to do something. I’m also planning to do a four miler on Saturday. I’ve got to get back to good eating and longer runs.
- We’re going to Carrabba’s for lunch and I am craving their spicy chicken soup and their lettuce wraps. It sounds so good right now!
Strawberry gin fizz I drank on my birthday
Rainy this morning
Detail of the graffiti in a NY bathroom
OK the fifth photo won’t post and WordPress is being weird. See you next week!