- I am in a surprisingly happy mood today. I think as a mom/wife/full-time worker, I tend to get wrapped up in the day to day minutiae. So it’s awfully promising when I can see my own life clearly. I tell you what struck me the other day. I texted my friend – who also happens to be my son’s baseball coach – about potentially not making it to batting practice on time. Her response? “No worries; I’m just enjoying being alive.” WOW. I wish I had that outlook on a day to day basis!
- I’m such a nerd; I was reading an article in Smithsonian magazine about Vikings while in the Honda waiting area. When my car was done, I was not quite done with the article. I was thrilled to be able to go back the next day for my tire and finish it.
- I’m in awe of the fact that this Spring Break week went so quickly. I DID get stuff done but still, time passed at a phenomenally quick pace.
- My favorite shave ice place is just about to open for the season (truth be told, it was warm enough this year they could have stayed open) and I am so excited for snowcones.
- I’m craving pizza and wouldn’t you know, we’re going to an Italian place tomorrow night for my friend’s 40th birthday. I’m a little nervous about it; I’ve known her a long time and our kids have hung out but she has invited all these couples I don’t know. Those kinds of situations make me nervous!
No time for photos; have to finish up some work and then go home!