- Hopefully one day, our Random Tuesday host will come back (after her move) but for now, I keep the dream alive and spew my random thoughts.
- I ran ten miles on a good portion of the half marathon course and I have to tell you: it was sort of difficult. I blame multiple factors, though. 1.) I did not eat a lot of carbs the night before. 2.) I had a drink the night before so that bit of gin could have affected me. 3.) It was pretty warm out. I am hoping that my twelve this coming Sunday is better if I take the proper precautions.
- The three day weekend felt long, which I’m not complaining about it made coming to work today a little wonky. I got myself a coffee and a breakfast sandwich but as I sat here doing my normal “break into work” mode thing, I was just not really with it.
- Sunday evening, I was making dinner and with about three minutes to go, Elliot came into the kitchen, covering his eye and crying. Not all out crying but visibly upset. He and his brother were playing around on one of their beds and he got an inch long gash right above his eyebrow. It was only a matter of time before one of those 1960s marble windowsills caught a kid. I always thought they were a hazard but you can’t keep your kids safe at all times. Anyway, we have an urgent care place through our insurance and they could see him right away. Five stitches later and he’s good to go!
- Well, the fourth season of Sherlock is already over. Three Sundays of crazy fast-paced episodes and we’re already done. It was not, how shall I say, what “most” fans of the show wanted. A lot of us are Johnlock shippers (i.e., get those two men together) and I think we all thought it would end with that. It did not but it did have a very open end. It is what it is and we should be happy to have this entertainment that we really enjoy.
- OK, time for Tuesday Chat.
It’s a New Year!
What is one positive thing about 2017,
and one negative thing about the forthcoming year?
OK, so let’s do negative first. I feel like we’re about to launch into even busier times. As Dakota gets older she’ll be doing more activities, etc. Both boys are playing soccer now and normally, only Ell plays baseball but Isaac will start Atom league this year. Baseball is already a busy season because two games a week so we could potentially be having something five days a week, if the boys have different game/practice schedules. We have some upcoming travel plans for weddings and then our typical June vacation. I don’t want to say this is necessarily “negative” but the handling of less time will be difficult.
Now, on a positive note, I feel like my kids making progress as they have been is going to be awesome this year. I mean, they’re all getting so much better at, well, life and it’s so uplifting to see. I’m looking forward to so many things for them. Meanwhile, and I know this is yet another thing, but I am going to try to keep running even after i finish training in three weeks. So hopefully, one other positive is that I will lose weight and become healthier.