- I JUST got into my office, at 9:20. I took my oldest to the dentist and then had to get coffee. It’s a very foggy morning, though not cool as one might expect.
- My brain hurts today; too many things I have to get done and not enough mental clarity to accomplish them. Ever feel like that? I KNOW I have stuff to do and the ideas come and go in my brain and then I feel lost. It’s probably not a good sign of my future memory.
- We’re going out again tonight for our usual game night but I’m not that excited. A little burned out on social events lately.
- My boss just brought her annual cookies, which are amazing. She spends hours making them and I have never eaten yummier cookies. She also gave me Starbucks and Outback gift cards so that is a bonus. I’m thinking maybe when we visit my parents we can all go out to eat.
- I go in these phases of feeling very Christmasy and then feeling like I am adrift somewhere in my life. Maybe that’s just the fallout from being busy and hurtling towards year’s end. I think spending a night wrapping presents might really help me get into the spirit though.
- On a completely random note, did you watch SNL last weekend? John Cena was hilarious on it.
If you could make ONE holiday wish this year, what would it be?
Oh geez, I dunno. I guess, if you want to get philosophical, it’s that my family can understand that this holiday is not JUST about getting presents. I mean, they WILL get them but not a ton. We WILL spend a lot of time together and I want it to be wonderful. Part of that is reliant on my patience with them, of course. I want us to have fun and appreciate what family can be. I’m not sure how to strike this balance but I am hoping it can happen!