1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
I am SO task oriented it’s not even funny. I like working with people and do tend to consult them on certain projects but for the most part, you give me something to work on and I prefer to have quiet so I can focus on each one.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day…do you own/wear pearls? If you’re a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a ‘pearl of wisdom’ with us here today.
I have some fake ones I got for my wedding and the funny thing is that I couldn’t find them for the longest. Then when we did some of that bathroom remodeling, they showed up! They’re pretty nice but not sure when I might wear them. We are attending a friend’s wedding in March so maybe then.
Pearl of wisdom: It’s always ok in the end; if it’s not ok, it’s not the end.
3. Speaking of pearls…oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
Ew God no! Its like eating snot off a shell. I have had them at least three different ways where people told me they should taste good but they just never do. I’m sorry.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year
. Let’s take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
My vote would be for anyone who is NOT a politician. I can’t find anyone I really think is a good person. I’d like to vote for this youtuber I watch because his videos just make so much sense but he’s not really a well-known figure. (https://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot)
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced and it’s a vibrant green, aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here
to see the color.
It’s an ok color but I’m not sure for what; certainly not my wardrobe or any walls in my house!
6. Today I’ve had too much__________________.
Sleep! Although, I am not complaining. We got in bed around 11:15 last night after having gone out with friends and I slept straight through until the alarm went off. I felt great!
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
“And mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again”.
LOL this certainly never meant anything to me as a kid but man do I identify with it now!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Feeling sort of blah today. The weeks leading up to the Christmas break are weird at work. They only administer finals this week so there are fewer undergrads, not a lot of grad students, and faculty have mostly checked out. There’s not a lot of work for me to do besides paper grading. The weather is miserable: gray, humid, and rainy. I know it does tend to rain a bit in December but I hate it. I mostly hate it because it LOOKS like it ought to be cold but it’s not! Although I think tomorrow and through the weekend will be cooler.
We don’t have a lot of plans coming up; taking the kids to see Santa on Thursday, Elliot has soccer Friday. Nothing this weekend except our normal football thing Sunday and then that evening, there’s a wrestling pay-per-view and a couple friends are coming over. I am ready for it to be my break and to be home with the family!
2 thoughts on “Wednesday Hodgepodge – Heading into the end of the year”
Me too, I’m a task master and don’t really play well with others. My feeling exactly on oysters…EWWW! Have a good week.
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA
I have real and fake pearls, I wear the fake ones a lot I prefer them because I don’t worry about losing them, I also have real and fake pearl earrings and I wear both a lot