OK, I skipped Tuesday Blogging apparently so here goes Wednesday:
1. Pokemon Go…your thoughts? Are you playing? Do you even know what it is?
LOL YES! I wrote about it Monday. I was not going to play until a kid asked and last week they did. AND I was on the news! If you click my flickr link in the sidebar, you can see where I recorded the snippet from TV.
It has turned out to be pretty fun but I do not like how much it drains my phone’s battery.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you’re a parent what’s something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a ‘collectible’?
Let’s just get this out in the open now: I am a collector. I have that internal desire to get ALL of something. As a kid, I liked pens and pencils. If I went on a field trip and my mom gave me money for lunch, I spent it in a gift shop on a cool pen.
My kids collect Legos and cards of all sorts, but they don’t seem to like it as much as I do.
I will say that I don’t tend to pay a lot for stuff but I know my husband has!
3. ‘Collect moments, not things‘…tell us about a moment you’ve added to your collection this summer.
Our vacation(s) this summer have been added to the collective memory bank. I enjoyed seeing my kids enthralled by a theme park they had never been to before (Sea World).
4. What’s something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
Ugh, yes. The old TV. It started having these weird lines on it and Ash did research to find out if it can be fixed. It CAN, but he has not yet been successful. So it’s leaned up against a wall and sitting there. Oh, did I mention it’s a 65 inch TV? SO in the way.
5. A favorite song relating to time?
I adore this song. The person who made this vid did a cool job of adding images – there’s no official video – but listen to it. It’s so good!
6. What’s been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
Hmm, not sure I have had one. I have encountered snakes before but nothing huge. I shot one with a BB gun once, just to make it go away.
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
Heck no. I remember being a kid and thinking how astronaut seemed like a lucrative career goal but the thought of space scares the heck out of me. It’s just so… vast.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have decided to back off of the internet for a bit. Not necessarily not checking it; just not engaging in Facebook. I’m really sick of everyone thinking they’re an expert at something. Or belaboring something to death. OK, so that speech was similar. Obama plagiarized in 2008. A lot of candidates do this. And truth be told, America is being sold propaganda in so many ways similar to Joseph Goebbels but no one is freaking out that we’re going Communist. But I feel like we are. And I just have to remove myself.
I’m crawling back into my hole, creating a bubble around myself and my family. I have decided to train for a half-marathon in October. It was 97 degrees yesterday but I ran two miles anyway and while I was sweating my butt off, I realized that there’s nothing holding me back. I could totally train. My escape has become metal music and running. I firmly believe that balance is the key to everything and as far as my Facebook feed is concerned, everyone is all politics, all the time. And that just isn’t healthy.