No bulleted list today; I’m just not feeling it.
What IS normal? What is my status quo reality?
I’m in my office today and desperately trying to catch up. I had my boys with me yesterday and they were ok. They were good for a while but started to lose their cool around lunch. I had them watching this old movie I used to like – Mother Goose Rock ‘n Rhyme – and they were VERY against it. Granted, it’s on youtube and crap quality but it’s from 1990!
I wasn’t as desperate as normal to get back to work. Our break seemed just about the right amount of time and it actually went really well. Christmas was excellent – got lots of neat and useful stuff – and we had a restful break. Actually, I slept the best I ever have on my parents’ guest bed. Most people don’t care for it because it’s very firm but man, I slept SO well.
I didn’t make a big deal out of it being a new year and/or making any kind of resolutions. The year just sort of seamlessly began and life continued as normal. I actually kind of liked that. I get nervous when things area a “big deal” so this really helped.
Let’s go ahead and move onto the Tuesday Chat, as compiling that also makes me nervous.
Reverse Bucket List – List of your life’s accomplishments.
Ok so some of these might be kind of mundane but others are crazy I guess.
- Jumped off a pretty high cliff into a Canadian lake with a “monster” (aka big sturgeon)
- Kissed a boy I met in Canada
- Lived through Hurricane Andrew
- Won lots of poster/poetry/other school contests and awards
- Got into a good college, earned a BA and an MA
- Birthed three wonderful children; really, the gestation was the hard part
- Gone to Hawaii twice; snorkled, hiked Diamondhead, ziplined over waterfalls
- Stole a traffic cone; ate donuts straight off the antenna of a car
- Met Chris Jericho, Goldberg, and Test of the WWE realm
- Ran three half marathons and multiple other races
- Got tattooed
- Rode in a Rolls Royce
- Went to England and France – via the Chunnel – and didn’t get lost or pickpocketed
- Continuously kept an online blog for over ten years
Well, not bad! I’m sure there’s plenty more but I can’t think of them now. What’s on your list?