1. Share a favorite memory/moment from the week of Christmas.
This year felt so different and just not as Christmasy as usual. The photo I share below represents the fleeting moments of coziness and warmth I felt. Zoey’s restfulness by our tree is a good metaphor for the brief times I felt the spirit. But those were my favorite.
2. If someone wrote a book about your life based on the past year, what genre would it fall under? What would the title be?
“Working way through bucket list.” LOL. We did quite a few things this year that we haven’t and may never so I’d say it would be a tale of a mid-thirties mom just trying to make it through work and kids and filling in the gaps.
3. What made you feel patriotic this year?
I can’t remember what we were watching but I remember crying when they sang the national anthem. It could have been the FSU game or maybe the Superbowl but one of the kids noticed and my husband told them why we feel this way when it is sung. I always feel very patriotic during that song and a fly-over. Not sure what it is about fast planes over a stadium but I get chills.
4. What experience from this past year would you like to do all over again?
Hands down, Hawaii. I’d go back to that island in a heartbeat. I didn’t interpret this question as a do-over due to failure but as something I want to experience again. If we went back, I’d love to rent a house on the beach and spend the time chillaxing.
5. What song lyric sums up or is a reflection of your 2015?
“Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” ~ John Lennon. He may not have been the first to say it but that song came to mind. We’re always so busy and this really puts it into perspective.
6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate 2015? (10=stellar) Why?
I’ll give it an 8. Nothing awful happened; we all stayed relatively happy; we have money; we took trips; we all still have jobs.
7. What part of the upcoming year are you most excited about?
Hmm, well we have some trips planned and though and I am nervous about planning, I think it will be great to make some more memories and give the kids experiences over things.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This week off with the kids hasn’t been as trying as it has in years past. I know they’d like to have done more stuff for them instead of cleaning but I feel very accomplished. I’ve given away things and cleaned out old broken stuff and we have put all the Christmas stuff away. Today’s plan is to hit the post office and Fresh Market. I think I’ll take the kids to get donuts too, as a special surprise. Hope they’ll like it!