1. What’s your biggest ‘first world’ problem?
Probably that I don’t have enough time to do all these extra things and/or shop. I’ll mention this below but definitely complaining about this is a first world issue. At least I have things to go to and I have money to spend, right?
2. Each year Time Magazine names a ‘Person of the Year’, someone who has ‘for better or worse…done the most to influence the events of the year.’ It was recently announced they’ve named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year’s selection here. Your thoughts? If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year?
Wow, very interesting. I respect the German people because they do always seem very nose to the grindstone and determined. I find that to be a very admirable trait and I’m sorry that they have awful people in their country’s history that takes away from that. I think she sounds like a very worthy recipient.
I don’t know if I could come up with a person who deserves it. I don’t think myself knowledgeable enough of current events.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it’s history and how you display the pieces.
I do have one and I believe my mom gave it to me just a few years ago. Now my mom’s was really old and the one I remember most. The roof’s thatching was this fake green mossy stuff and I always thought it was so natural-looking. I remember mom letting me set it up.
I usually set ours up but I know the boys mess with it because sometimes the wise men and sheep are rearranged. And my sweet Isaac always remembers ti flick on the fake LED candles I have behind for illumination.
4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year?
I do. I can definitely say I feel more charitable and kind this time of year. I mostly can’t explain it. I don’t go around proclaiming that everyone should have X this time of year. It’s just a feeling.
5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why?
Man, I don’t like shopping for anyone; it’s stressful! But I guess I like looking for stocking stuffers for the boys. I work well on that small scale and I look at it as a challenge. How much can I get in there? I tetris it so well.
6. What’s the last delicious thing you ate?
Yesterday, at Elliot’s luncheon for their country projects, I got to eat lots of yummy food from many countries. Preston’s mom made a Shepherd’s pie and it was so amazing!
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is________________.
As mentioned, I am slammed this week. I have to run errands on my lunch break and tomorrow I have some other things to get done at work. In the evenings, Elliot has soccer, then Isaac has soccer but tomorrow, Ell has a third grade sleepover at the school and he has to be there 15 minutes after Isaac has to be at soccer. Where’s my husband, you ask? He’s taking Elliot tonight but tomorrow, he has to run an 8 mile tempo run. Now Friday is when it gets really interesting. Ell’s school has a family breakfast at 7:30, Dakota has a Christmas pageant at 10:45, and I have my office holiday party at noon. And then? my brother in law comes into town and I do ope sometimes in there I’ve managed to clean my house. Ha! That’s funny.