- I finally succumbed to the ick that took down Baby and my husband. My head is fuzzy, my body aches, and my chest harbors this awful cough. It’s crappy but I haven’t been sick in quite a while. I also think I might be over the worst of it, which was yesterday.
- I managed to pull myself together long enough to take all the kids to Elliot’s end of season football party at a local pizza place. Talk about insanity. Put 12 6-8 year old boys in a room together with soda and pizza and the impending trophies and, well, it’s a miracle I didn’t lose my cool. It was actually kind of nice. I liked his team this year; the parents and coach made it a very nice experience.
- I’m super pumped for this weekend. Want to know why? WE HAVE NO SPORTS. I repeat, we are unfettered. We don’t have any obligations. Soccer practice starts at the beginning of December so I am loving this free time. It’s also supposed to be cool: low 60s/high 30s. Excellent neighborhood walking weather.
- My husband comes home today; he’s been at a tech conference since Sunday afternoon. Let me tell you, I’m certainly ready. The old adage “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” is definitely true. I think the longer you have been married, time away is important. It makes me really appreciate him.
- I admit to y’all that I have already gone full bore on the Christmas music. Spotify just started playing all my lists and well, now I’m just into it. I am still hardcore about celebrating Thanksgiving FIRST, but Xmas music makes me so happy.
This is true… in my opinion
Still feeling the season