- Yesterday my calendar said to make a list of things I want to do this summer and do them. Is it awful that I have no plans? It’s hot and I feel so flagged by the end of every day that even thinking about the future is stressful. I guess I am kind of excited about the July 4th weekend… if my parents come. I want the cook-out and games in the yard and fireworks and fun. It’s never quite like in the pictures or movies though.
- Do you know what I did this morning? Instead of going back to sleep when my husband woke up to shower, I worked out. I did a half hour on the elliptical. I had been making a half-assed attempt each night and only hitting 3 or 4 nights a week. I have only really lost weight before kids, in my mid-twenties. After, my weight loss efforts have all been in vain; I’ll lose maybe 5-10 pounds (not counting the stuff that comes off right after childbirth anyway.) So it’s been discouraging. We spent a good seven months last year eating better and doing T25 every day. Sure, I was stronger, but not that much thinner. I want to be a thinner person but it is actually quite hard. But I’m pretty motivated, with Hawaii and the Tough Mudder coming up.
- Also coming up is Ash’s birthday, for which I have zero plans. He needs harddrives but I don’t know which ones so it’s not like I can just go buy them. It’s hard to get something for a person who just buys what they want/need anyway.
- I don’t drink Corona but I saw a commercial the other day that actually made me feel like I could be at the beach drinking beer with friends. It was so compelling: images of a calming experience done in just the right way. Funny how ads can sometimes work in crazy ways. Here it s:
- Be Back Later: off to the beach.
“Only 2 more chats before I take my summer break!!! Be Inspired!! Share something that inspired you this week: a quote, a photo, a story in the news. Let’s spread some positivity! “
Here are a couple photos I found this week that gave me some good vibes:
Sometimes it’s really nice to be reminded that you ARE changing and improving. Some days feel so stagnant and repetitive but you are always hurtling forward; scary sometimes, yes, but also sort of nice. I tell this to Elliot sometimes when he dwells on stuff. It’s a new day and a whole new chance to change.
I really loved this because I have been thinking my name tattoo might morph into names plus tree. Whenever I doodle, I draw trees. Maybe I can find a way to integrate their names into a tree with this quote? What do you think?