1. June 23rd is National Pink Day. What’s your favorite something pink?
I don’t have a lot of pink stuff, admittedly. BUT, I do have this super soft v-neck shirt from Old Navy that I like to pair with some blue-ish plaid shorts and my Sperry’s. It’s a cute, preppy outfit. This pic is not the best but I took it long ago in Instagram and just cropped it.
2. What did you enjoy most about gym class when you were in school? How about the least?
Well, let’s see… in elementary school, I loved the scooter things we’d play with on the blacktop. That and the dodge ball days were the best! In high school, everything about P.E. sucked. I used to lie about my asthma to avoid WALKING the track. I was never that lazy as a kid so I don’t know what I was doing then.
3. What memory is brought to mind by the smell of roses?
Oddly enough, I don’t have any pleasant memories associated with roses. To me, they remind me of a gross perfume that girls I don’t like wear. Like, the waitress at a cheap chain restaurant who is also a part-time stripper. That is what the smell reminds me of. Weird, I know.
4. Do you prefer to read or write?
5. Sam Keen is quoted as saying, ‘Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.’ Would you agree? Is laziness ever respectable? How will you be lazy this summer?
Ha! I was just saying this in my post yesterday. I really do want to get out and do summery things but I am feeling so tired and hot lately! I will indeed be a bit lazy. Every Saturday and Sunday, we get in our blow up pool and while the kids roughhouse and whatnot, we tan and drink beer and just relax. I love it!
6. The Florida Keys, Disney World, or a resort somewhere on the Gulf Coast…which Florida destination would you choose (and why) if the trip were today?
OMG, don’t make me choose! I’d go to all those places! However, I was on the Gulf Coast only about six weeks ago and it’s only been one and half weeks since I was at Disney so I will say the Keys. I know it’s kind of cheesy but I’m dying to go to Margaritaville and Hog’s Breath Saloon, and Captain Tony’s. And even Papa Hemmingway’s house.
The kids at Animal Kindgom a few weeks ago
Ash and I are both wearing blue
7. What question do you hate to answer?
“What do you want to eat?” I don’t know why but it stresses me out. If I am going to eat alone, fine. But if my decision will also affect other people, it makes me feel like I’m the one in charge of their fate. I would much rather eat something I’m not entirely keen on if it means everyone else is happy.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The cloudy weather has made it in the low to mid 80s instead of 90s so for that, I am grateful. It is supposed to be 93 today but I’m not sure I buy it. I guess the temps don’t really matter because I found the answer to not running in the heat: working out in the morning. This is day 2 of getting up and hitting the elliptical. I feel SO much better when I do this! Also, I don’t have it looming over me in the evening. I will say that my back is hurting today but it must be the fact that I’m getting back into regular exercise. Definitely not feeling 100% though. Well, guess it’s better than the alternative, as my grandpa always said.