- Is it… almost February? Already? I guess good riddance, January. I mean, my grandma died, people I know are having some issues, and I am beat down by all the stuff we have to do. Maybe February is going to be a whole lot better.
- I just realized I have baby snot on the front of this sweater. Just a testament to the fact that I have small kids, it’s winter, and our mornings are harried.
- We made a fire in the pit last night and made s’mores. It was nice; not too cold but a little windy. When the kids got tired of it, we sent them inside to take a bath and just Ash and I sat there. I love firelight and we could see a lot of stars.
- Tonight is soccer and truthfully, I am over this sport. Just a few more games though. The boys are enjoying it so I’ll stick it out but I am kind of ready to move on to baseball.
- Elliot will be going to a major league game during his Spring break, actually. He’s excited and even more so, my dad is excited to take him.
- UGH in twenty minutes, I have four student conferences, possibly six. There are two people who have not shown for their times on other days so I am guessing they think they are today. If not, well then…
- One of my 2015 goals was to keep up with my friends better. So far, we have tentative plans to make a standing dinner night with my friend and her family. We’re thinking Sundays at Momo’s, which is awesome; pizza and beer! Almost everyone I know is married and/or has kids so it is really difficult to make time. I’m going to try.
- We watched Maze Runner the other day and though I know of the books but had not read them, I was pleasantly surprised. I… I actually like it more than the Hunger Games movies, which bored me to tears, even though I adored those books. At the suggestion of a friend, I began reading Wool last night; also dystopian and so far, pretty interesting!
- It’s getting to be about that time of the year when I yearn to walk in the woods. I think wee’re due for a good hike.
I have gone to a movie by myself exactly twice: once to see Almost Famous and the other time, to see Thor, because when Ash and I went together, I wasn’t feeling well and spent a good bit of that movie in the bathroom. I kind of like the idea of a movie by myself because no one will talk at me but the image it projects is that you have no friends. Though I don’t really care, it still strikes a chord.
I do not mind eating alone and I think people do it far more often now. Sometimes it is nice.
Now a concert? Nah. That’s a group thing. 🙂