1. When did someone last suggest you ‘chill out’? Or, when did you last tell someone (or want to tell someone) to ‘chill out’? Or, when did you last tell yourself to ‘chill out’?
Pretty sure it was my husband, reminding me to be patient with the kids. But I tend to tell them to chill out also.
2. What most recently caused your heart to melt?
See now, this is actually a difficult question. Things have been shaky around here this January and I can’t think of anything that has done this. Maybe when I caught Elliot reading to Baby.
3. “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” G.K. Chesterton
Your thoughts? When did you last experience either an adventure or an inconvenience? How did you see it at first, as an adventure or an inconvenience? Does it feel the same in hindsight?
The traveling for my grandmother’s funeral included a lot of inconveniences: had to find a sub for my class, had to get an oil change ASAP, drove four hours at night to sleep at my parents’ freezing house (it is always cold!). Then the drive down again was riddled with stops due to bathroom and various other issues. The drive back to my parents’ after the whole affair was dark and rainy and ended with a car that wouldn’t start. yes, looking back, I actually really enjoyed spending the time with my family through the experience but it was crappy at the time.
4. A Wendy’s Frosty, root beer in a frosty mug, or a frosted chocolate cupcake…of these three, which one is your favorite ‘frosty’ treat?
Can I choose root beer float? If not, then just the root beer. I’m not a soda drinker normally but that one… oooh, the best!
5. Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why.
Ha! I think you can surmise this one: circus for sure. I’m hoping February will find more of our symphony vibe.
6. Since it’s a ‘snow day’ here, what’s your favorite song containing the word ‘white’?
White Lightning – Def Leppard. Sure, I could have picked a lot of “white” songs btu this one is just an excellent example of 80s guitar.
7. If you had to leave the city you currently live in, what would you find hardest to leave behind?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Dear February, I see you there, looming in on me. but I welcome you. Please, come and alleviate some of this crap that January has left me. My heart aches at how difficult it has been to recover from the holiday, start a new year, and deal with the sundry things life has thrown at me. I want calm, collected, organized, happy. I need things to make me content with life and no more of this cold weather or family arguing or worry that comes with it all. Please, come with warmer temps and pleasant gifts so that I may move forward.