Kicked off this month with a bang; let’s keep it going!
- My weekend was nuts! So many family members in town but we had a grand old time for Isaac’s birthday. It was really nice to have Ash’s family and mine together and getting along. Not that they wouldn’t… but it’s still nice to have us all in one place.
- Ash’s dad and my dad seem to be the same in many ways; his dad tries to help where he can: running to the store for us, putting gas in our cars. And my dad does other things like rescreen my door and cutting poison ivy vines from our fence. Funny to see these things about our parents.
- Elliot’s tee ball season is going well so far. They’ve “won” their first two games – but since they don’t actually keep score, it supposedly doesn’t matter. (Those kids know who’s ahead though.) He has one tonight plus pictures, which is always a little crazy: making 11-14 little boys behave for a photo s not something I’D want to be in charge of!
- I’m glad this week gets semi-back to normal. Ash is done running, I have work as usual but it’s not too much, and we don’t have anything coming up except tee ball games. I’m looking forward to just kicking back for a few weekends.
- I had a dream last night that I was on a reality TV show about ex-wives of glam rock stars. I don’t know what the point of the show was but I kept thinking I had an advantage because not only had I been married to Rikki Rockett (of Poison fame; see below) but I had been in a band myself. I fancied I had the advantage because I’d also slept with most of the lead singers. LOL. Who knows why the brain works the way it does??
- Hey, as pretend 1980s husbands go, I could do worse, eh?
- In baby news (like that transition? Husband then baby!) I am almost 24 weeks and entered that phase where I feel great! Then suddenly, blergh. My stomach itches randomly, I get strange pains in my lower abdomen only half the time I crouch down to comfort a child, and heartburn comes and goes. Some days, I want to eat ALL THE BACON and others, give me a piece of fruit and an egg and I am happy for hours. Today I am ravenous so that kind of sucks.
- The pollen has taken over here. I wiped down a lawn chair yesterday evening, went inside to grab my phone, the camera, and a drink, and when I came back, there was once again, a thin layer of yellow coating my seat. Seriously, Florida?
- And with that, I leave you. But how bout some beefy manly men to balance out the above, um, pretty boy? You love it; don’t lie.