Are you kidding me it’s April?? Time flies…
- Time does seem to be going faster the older I get. Do you think it’ll slow down once the kids are grown and have moved out?
- Why doesn’t it ever go quickly when I’m, say, waiting to have my car serviced? Or at the pediatrician? (THERE’S a place I hate to wait.)
- Dropped Zoey off at the vet this morning for this weird pocket of fluid on her ear flap. I am hoping it’s some freak thing because my mom reminded me that is very similar to how their late Greyhound’s cancer started. Sigh. Sometimes having pets is a huge pain in the ass.
- Elliot was also a huge PITA this morning. Whiny, ungrateful, didn’t want to go to school. We had a “nice” chat in the car about why we learn, why we go to school, and what we should be thankful for. I feel like at 5, he should be damn happy just to BE. But I guess our world isn’t like that; kids are more aware at earlier ages.
- Speaking of annoyances, I have to clean my house hardcore this week because our guests begin arriving Thursday night. No one is staying with us but we’re having 7 people come into town. Sigh. I love having family in town, I do, but there’s always a lot of stress involved in the prep. Plus, part of why they’re coming is Isaac’s birthday and I have – so far – made zero plans about decoration/food/cake, etc. I am such a last minute planner!
- I had grand plans to have a theme and all for it but since it’s just family, I highly doubt I will do much more than a happy birthday banner and a nice cake. He’ll get gifts, of course, but beyond that, nada. Next year, I guess we’ll probably invite other kids.
- I went to bed super early last night (10) and though I woke up about four times, each time I got back in bed, I remember distinctly thinking hoe exhausted I was. However, when I woke this morning, I felt wonderful!
- I consider this the good phase of pregnancy anyway; aches and pains are minimal and I am far enough away from both the first trimester and the third trimester woes.
- I’m pulled in a million different directions this week so I’m outtie. Enjoy some completely random images below, because why the hell not? (Click the last one to make it work.)