OK, this is it: the week I get organized and get stuff accomplished… right after I write this post. 🙂
- My weekend was pretty darn awesome; mostly because I a.) didn’t feel any sort of work pressures, b.) we did a lot of family stuff and c.) got a few house things done.
- On Sunday afternoon, I ran up to Fresh Market for a few things and got haggled by a woman, probably in her 40s, with a small baby in a carrier. She seemed nice enough but needed money for diapers. I felt bad for her but I don’t carry cash. She was certainly in the right neighborhood though. Sadly, I feel like that was probably her kid’s kid, if you know what I mean.
- Two weeks in a row I have missed Bones. I keep forgetting that it’s Monday night!
- I made a bacon guacamole grilled cheese sandwich this weekend as an experiment and I think it would have been better with a big juicy burger and a couple slices of tomato in the middle.
- I am STILL trying to get through The Hobbit, which should take any good reader about 3 solid hours. My problem is that I just keep reading one small chapter at a time.
- While walking in the woods yesterday morning, a train came along and the boys were simply enthralled. We were no more than 30 feet from the tracks; what a very cool experience.
- It’s too bad we don’t have passenger trains run through here anymore. I would love to take a cross-country train trip.
- Can you believe that we’re 3/4 of the way through January? That seems insane to me!
- I’m looking for new blogs and memes to follow. If anyone has some good suggestions, I’d be thrilled!