Oh God, blog obligations. I almost forgot. It’s because my brain is stuffed with cotton balls and marshmallows. Or so it feels like.
- I got an oil change on Friday and man, I just love the feeling of knowing my car is all well and good. I drove junkers for years and that constant state of worry that it could die ANY SECOND was crap. My car may be 5 years old now but it’s a hell of a lot better than my old ones.
- I guess the reason I was battling such malaise yesterday was that I am now sick. Feels like a cold and I tell you, I have zero interest in doing work or going to my son’s field trip this morning. Ugh. But I have to.
- Why couldn’t I have gotten sick last week, when I had far less work to do?
- Oh, because life isn’t like that, is it? No no, it waits until you’re totally overwhelmed and have NO TIME to be sick… and then it breaks down on you.
- The weird thing is that the sickness is making me really hungry. Starving. I just had a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit (from home, of course) and my stomach is still growling.
- I think the yo-yo weather is the reason for my sickness. It had gotten really nice lately – like 50s and low 70s – and then it started doing this really dumb 40 degree swing crap. 30s in the AM, 75 by lunch. WTF, Mother Nature? Why you gotta be such a bitch?
- As you can tell, this illness is making me testy. Rather punchy. And I get to spend all morning with 20 3 and 4 year olds at the capitol. Oh, can you feel my excitement? It’s just brimming, I tell you. (Largest eye roll you have EVER seen.)
- All I want to do is go home and read. I found this new author a while ago (ok, new to ME) and she writes really great romances (ok, some of them are pretty steamy) but one series is set in a fictional town in Colorado and the people there are all so funky It’s really quite charming. Oh but anyway, two books from the one I am about to finish, one of the characters is an ex-Russian mobster. And I’m kind of excited about it. I don’t know why. This is relevant because: