Sorry I can’t ever get these done on a Sunday!
1.Are you currently reading a book you’d like to tell us about? Maybe a TV program you can recommend to us?
I am not reading a book at all but we did start watching The Night Agent, which is good, what of it I have seen. I keep falling asleep.
2. Are you a Jane Austen fan? So many seem to be. If you are what is your favorite book and who is your favorite character. If you aren’t a fan, is there an author you especially like to read? Favorite character..etc?
No, not at all. I like to read a few different romance authors but I know that genre gets no love so I won’t bother mentioning them.
3. How do you spend your time during the day? Do you set apart time to read, watch TV, study?
I work all day but I do have times when I look away from my computer to do some journaling and read. Sometimes I check my tablet games.
4. Have your beliefs changed in your life time?
I know they have. I think as you age you just see the world differently so you adjust what to believe in.
5. What are your interests and hobbies? .. reading? writing? collecting?
Hmm, I do enjoy writing and I try to blog most days. I enjoy drinking beer and collecting the cans.
6 How much time a week/day/month do you devote to your interests?
As much as I can around everything else, which is difficult sometimes.
7. Do you share your interests with anyone?
Ash and I both really enjoy trying new breweries and finding cool cans so, yes. Plus, the people in the homebrew group.
8.Tell us why you enjoy your hobby, pastimes or interests.
Well for one, new things are exciting. For two, I work hard so I like to drink! Ha. That sounds awful, I know.
9. What emotions and feelings does summer conjure up for you?
Oh thank god we’re done with the hobbies questions; for some reason I was finding that difficult. I really enjoy Summer and have mused on it plenty on ye olde blog. I think it reminds me of being a kid and slower times. I really love high summer when the sun stays out forever and even at 8:45 at night you can still see. There’s also a sound about it; a thrumming of nature, that I fall in love with every single year.
10. What’s summer weather like in your neck of the woods?
It getas pretty hot and humid here and even though most people don’t like it, I do. What I dislike is Spring because even if it is nice out. my allergies take me down.
11. Got some special summer meals you and your family enjoy?
We usually make steaks and mashed potatoes and corn. But I remember when the kids were littler and I didn’t want to go to a lot of effort or cook and I’d do just cheese, crackers, and fruit. They loved it!
12. What do you enjoy doing in summer? Sports, trips.. do you go on vacation?
We enjoy swimming, going to the beach and yes, vacations.
13. Did your parents have things better than you today?
Hard to say; my parents were born in 49 and 50 respectively and I feel like they both benefitted from the pos-war era. But I know I had a pretty easy childhood. I guess maybe the only thing they had better is that there was less technology. And in some ways that is better.
14. What time period would you rather live in.. or are you okay with today?
I kind of wish I had been born 5- 7 years earlier so I could have gone to more 80s concerts. But I am ok with where I am since, well, you can’t change it.
15. What changes would you make for our time to make it nicer/better to live in?
You can’t change people if they don’t want to change but I sure wish adults would stop getting wrapped up into internet culture that leads to negative things like cancel culture, etc.
6 thoughts on “Late March/Early April Stealing”
I agree – it is hard to find time for my interests around everything else!
I DOD go to several concerts in the 1980s, among them: Joan Armatrading; the Go-Gos; Crosby, Stills, and Nash; Joe Jackson; and my two favorites, Talking Heads; and The Temptations reunion
LOL I understand. I’d like to have gone to about half of those. I was just not quite old enough.
DID not DOD. Oy.
#5 – have you seen this: https://southaustingallery.com/the-beer-can-house/
No but that’s cool!