1. What is the best thing about your birthday?
Nothing? LOL I guess that’s not a good answer. I guess it does still feel a little special even though birthdays don’t hold the same weight as they used to. I guess I will say that my family still gets excited and treats me a little nicer on my day.
2. What is your favorite thing to do for your birthday?
We have a tradition that birthday person gets to choose the restaurant so that is always really nice.
3. What’s one thing you learned in the past year?
That I can get kind of complacent about the status quo and I need to be aware of that and make sure I am not stagnant.
4. What do you wish for in the next year?
I wish for my children, as they enter into what are, typically, important eras of their lives, success and not too much strife
5. What’s the best thing about turning a year older?
I guess as I age I have felt like people respect my wisdom a bit more
6. What was the most fun thing you did in the last year?
Hmm, I guess our last trip to Ohio was probably the most fun.
7. If you could understand any animal, which would it be?
LOL this is probably not the best answer but for some reason last night I was thinking about hammerhead sharks and their eyes. So I want to understand how they see the world.
8. What is something that used to be hard, but is now easy?
Containing my rage
9. If you could only keep one thing in your room, what would it be?
Wow what a hard question. I guess bed.
10. Which person makes you laugh the most? Why?
I think I have to say my husband
11. If you could go back in time, when and where would you go?
I think it would be cool to go back to the 80s – but as like, a 20 year old – and go to concerts
12. If you were to bury a secret treasure, where would you bury it?
13. What is your favorite memory?
There’s really so many! The first thing that came to mind was a particularly mundane day that will forever stand out: it was April and my oldest was about 4 and my middle boy was just about to turn one. The four of us were sitting out in our front yard on a blanket and just enjoying great weather. For some reason I think of this memory often.
14. How have you helped others lately?
I try to, in small ways. I gave some toys to underprivileged kids at Christmas; I helped my sister and her boyfriend take that trip to Dallas.
15. If you had to repeat a day over & over, how you’d want it to go?
I guess in the vein of the earlier question, I’d rather it be a mundane kind of day but one where we did nice things; kids happy, spending time together, just being us.
4 thoughts on “My Sunday Stealing contribution; you’re welcome”
I understand your “memory.” I have a couple of memories like that — nothing special, but when I think back those are the memories that come to mind.
There are a bunch of concerts I COULD have gone to but didn’t, most notably Tom Petty and the Who, both in my city. Ah, missed opportunities!
My mom saw Tom Petty in Gainesville when she was around 21 or so. Pretty neat! But yeah, it sucks when you can’t go.