My husband wasn’t wrong, in the grand scheme of things, when he said a nine mile run isn’t far. No, not for marathoners. But for me, it is. And was. I just got back!
1. Volume 478. Sounds like a lot. Where were you in 1978? If you weren’t born where were you in 2008?
Aww, just missed it: I was born in 1979. So, in 2008 I was: the mother of a one year old, working at FSU, and so…different. At least, it feels like. I found a blog post from the 23rd so this will help you see what I was up to:
2. Raise your hand if you remember records playing at a speed of 78 rpm? What’s a topic that when it comes up you ‘sound like a broken record’?
I do! But only because my dad always made me listen to records when I was a kid.
3. What’s the last thing you recorded in some way?
I took videos during Elliot’s soccer game, I guess. I can’t remember much of anything else.
4. Thursday is the first day of fall (in the northern hemisphere). How do you feel about the changing seasons? Something you’re looking forward to this fall?
I love the seasons. I’ve already done some Fall and Halloween decorating and I am really feeling this year. I am looking forward to the various sports my kids are playing and getting some of these upcoming races out of the way!
5. In what way (or ways) are you like the apple that didn’t ‘fall far from the tree’?
Oh man, like my father, I tend to be quick to anger and an introvert. Like my mom, my first answer to “do you want to do X?” is a resounding NO but we also both can be convinced and have a great time.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I am glad that run is over with! I think for my 10 miler next week, I have to either run trails or run somewhere flat. Though the upcoming race is hilly, I am just sick of training on hills.
I came home and sat in the sauna for 15 minutes and drank a Gatorade. Normally I don’t, because that’s unneeded sugar but I needed to replenish. Now I have to get serious about grading and I can then run my store errands. And you better believe I’m getting one of those nitro pumpkin foam drinks from the Starbucks.