1. It’s often said we should be grateful for small blessings. What is one small blessing you are feeling especially grateful for today?
Maybe it’s not all that small but I was thinking the other day how grateful I am that I was born into the situation I was. My parents didn’t have much but they worked hard and I lived a good childhood. I know that if we had been any worse off, making my way through early adolescence and into adulthood may have been a lot harder and hence, where I am now – living a very comfortable life as a middle-upper class American – would not have happened.
2. How do you feel about leftovers, not just on Thanksgiving but after any meal? Favorite thing to make/eat using your Thanksgiving leftovers?
I am 100% ok with leftovers. I will usually save stuff and give it to the kids, depending on what it is. I will say, I don’t care for the leftover turkey, but my husband will eat it. My friend Tiffanie will NOT eat leftovers and I don’t get that. I mean, if she wants to be bougie about it, fine, but I am too frugal to throw stuff out.
3. Sherwin Williams unveiled it’s 2022 Color of the Year-Evergreen Fog. Are you a fan? Would I find this mid-tone gray green shade anywhere in your house? Does your house need painting? Inside or out? What one space is most in need of a paint job? Are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire a professional?
Oooh yes, that’s a great color! I don’t think we have THIS particular color anywhere; we have a couple rooms with a more sea-like green or blue. We don’t really NEED to paint but the upstairs hallway has some wear and one space in the kitchen where a kid used duct tape to put something up is now peeling. The house was repainted somewhere between 2015 and 2016 so it’s not that old anyway.
4. What is one aspect of the way you were parented that you are grateful for today?
Oh boy, that’s easy: I was taught that life isn’t fair and the world can be harsh. This really helped me to overcome so many obstacles. I see so many WEAK people these days and I think how their parents have failed them!
5. Write an acrostic for the word-thankful
I am terrible at acrostics!
T – Time spent with family
H – Holiday decorations
Oh lordy, I seem to have tapped out here. Kudos to those of you who could do this but my brain fizzled.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
If interested, I talked about our weekend getaway in the link below. I realize it’s kind of like the old “look at our vacation slides!” of the past but I like to write things out for me too.
Anyway, it’s been a long week already and it’s only Wednesday! I feel like time spirals out of control this time of year. I can’t believe Thanksgiving is a week away! I’d better make a shopping list and get to the stores before they get overcrowded, as they tend to do this time of year. I already got a turkey so I need to make sure he’s thawed. I thought my parents were coming so I got a big ol’ bird but they’re not. We may go there for Friday and Saturday though.
I am desperately trying to find a website that explained how to export all old wordpress posts to a Word document. You have to install a plugin but WP wants to tell you you have to have a business account for those. But this particular site explained a work around. I may go down to the lowest plan here anyway but I want to transfer everything out. I like a good ol’ archive but I want it on my terms. Ok, off to work!