1. Have you done more binge watching this past year than in ‘normal’ years? Any plans to break that habit in 2021? Tell us one or two shows you binged last year that you really liked.
I would say, not necessarily. We certainly did watch stuff but perhaps not more than normal. We did watch a bunch of stuff though – back over the summer really – and if I had to recommend any, I’d say Raised by Wolves was the best.
2. January 26th is Australia Day. Have you ever visited or lived in Australia? Have you ever tasted Vegemite, and if so what did you think? Is a trip down under on your bucket list? We answered a question about travel three months ago (the October 21st Hodgepodge), but let’s revisit now…where are you when it comes to planning or even imagining travel this year?
No and no. I would like to go, sure, but that’s a long ass flight! I think it would be a fun place to see for sure.
We have plans to go to Jacksonville and maybe at the end of the year, a ski trip to Colorado.
3. Something that zaps your energy? Something that energizes you?
Something that drains me completely is socializing. I’ve spoken on the blog about how I have gotten better at handling a lot of activity. If we have one or two days in a week with plans with others, I used to be done for days at a time. I got a little better about it during 2020 but lately, I find myself reverting. After we saw two different groups of people Saturday, I wanted no part of anyone on Sunday. And I am honestly still a little burned out today.
Something that energizes me is when everyone is motivated and productive. So if the kids are helping clean up and Ash has a project, I am way more likely to get up and do things.
4. On a scale of 1-10 what are your eating habits like these days? (1=all junk food all the time and 10= juicing every green thing in the frig) Healthiest meal you’ve eaten in the last week or so?
I’m firmly a 5. I pay attention to what I eat and don’t go crazy but I am not trying to be a health nut. Because of how I eat lunch one day, then lunch and dinner the next, I feel like that cancels out any “bad” eating I may do. The healthiest meal I eat once a week is probably soup and salad. Sure, I eat some bread too but that is still pretty healthy. I am trying to infuse more fruit too.
5. What’s your most often ‘Back in my day….’ thing to say?
Oh geez, I am old enough now to do this and there’s so many answers! Back in my day… we didn’t have cell phones; our parents trusted us to run all over the neighborhood and get back safely by dark. Back in my day, we didn’t discuss politics in polite society and if we ever did, we agreed to disagree. Back in my day, music was GOOD!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Another rainy day and it is humid and gross! But tomorrow shall be cold again and I didn’t think I’d actually yearn for that. I’m not in a good mood today and I don’t really know why. Maybe because we now have Thursday plans (you’d think that would be a happy thing) but I am still feeling that lack of drive to engage with people. Maybe because one of those people I have hated with a burning passion for a long time. Ash is so nice that he lets so much of that go and I just seethe and get angrier. I am sure that if enough other people show up, then I won’t have as much hatred to fling this person’s way but at the same time, it’s something I know I need to overcome and just get over within myself. It’s tough but I shall.