Admittedly, I have always hated singing in front of people. However, I love to sing when I am alone. I have an awful voice. I hate even hearing myself in videos. But something my husband got the idea for was creating an official karaoke set up for the house. I know that our close group of friends are stoked about it; none of them really worry what they sound like. That being said, I am going to list 13 songs I am looking forward to singing once it’s all set up.
- Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks. This is a great party/group song that almost anyone who can replicate a country twang can belt out.
- Escape (The Pina Colada song) – Rupert Holmes. Here’s one that I’ve probably told you before, I used to hate it. I thought it was about this dude cheating on his girlfriend/wife! Then I really listened to it and realized, oh, through this ad, he was able to reconnect with her and learn new things. So it’s actually sort of warm and fuzzy!
- Roseanna – Toto. I want to sing this one with the kids. Sounds funny, I know, but they love the show The Middle and there’s an episode where the mom discovers that she likes to skip and she sings this song while skipping. The kids got a kick out of that.
- Livin’ on a Prayer – Bon Jovi. This one is because when Isaac was maybe 4, he got really into this song. This was his theme for life at that time!
- Karma Chameleon – Culture Club. Perhaps their most well-known song, I picked it because I think my family knows it well enough. I personally like more of this group’s songs than this one. But hey, karaoke is about mainstream anyway.
- I Really Don’t Know Anymore – Chris Cross. Sure, no one but me knows it but I have a feeling we’ll all go through songs we like and everyone will just watch us. LOL.
- Two Pina Coladas – Garth Brooks. Apparently his songs are good for karaoke. I always like this one.
- Crash my Party – Luke Bryan. This is one that my friends and I should be able to kill it on. In 2013 we saw him in concert together.
- Arthur’s Theme – Chris Cross. Yes, my buddy again. This one is just… easy and fun.
- Ice Ice Baby – Vanilla Ice. This one is a given for people my age. We loved this song!
- Wake Me Up – Wham. What can I say? This song is downright catchy and who wouldn’t want to sing the hell out of it?
- The Chain – Fleetwood Mac. I feel like this one is doable even for people who can’t sing well. I think the karaoke version may have a lot of those backing vocals to guide you too.
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey. OK so no one can hit notes like Steve Perry but we all love this one and will belt it out like, well, not like pros but like average people. LOL.
One thought on “Thursday 13 – Karaoke anyone?”
Fun, fun, fun! I love singing too and my off-keyness is actually becoming less. 🙂