1. Let’s start with a number! How many lighthouses have you visited?
Probably two? I remember going to one in Maine when I was young and then I went to the one at Cape San Blas.
2. Have you been inside a lighthouse and did you walk to the top?
Yes and yes. It’s no exciting tale.
3. Do you seek them out when you are traveling the coastlines or are you not that big a fan?
I understand people making trips to see them but for me, it’s not that exciting.
4. Do you have a favorite scripture or another reference to share with us concerning a guiding light in your life?
Not necessarily but I do like inspirational things that refer to the ways in which you can find the guiding light in yourself and maybe sometimes others.
5. If you don’t collect lighthouses when you travel, is there something tangible that you tend to collect as a souvenir when you are on vacation or a road trip?
For a while I collected shot glasses ad those magnets shaped like each state I went to. Now I don’t really like to buy a lot of extraneous stuff.
6. Please share something with us about your week.
Mostly, I’m a little under the weather and perhaps a bit run down in general. I’ve also reached my social interaction limit for the month already. We’ve just had so many things going on. And there’s no sign of it ending. Thursday = brew club. Friday = friend’s birthday. Saturday = brew club party. I want to sit home alone for one day; just one day alone.
There was a time, maybe last week, when I didn’t think I had the patience to make it to my last day of work. But if you count just working days, I only have 12 left. That’s not bad. I can do this. In fact, I have reached a moment of zen about it. I’m not feeling antsy and anxious to be done. In fact, now I am trying to plan and budget my remaining time so I can get everything done. And some of that is due in part to knowing that my transition to the other jobs will probably be stressful!