It’s National Sibling day. Additional info on our host’s page.
1. How many siblings do you have? Are you rivals or do you support each other in all you do?
I have one sister who is nearly six years younger. I would not say we were ever rivals, not in my eyes. She was so much younger I barely paid her attention when we were kids. I know she resented me for a while because we took different paths and she felt like my parents wanted her to be like me. I wouldn’t say that we support each other either. I don’t exactly approve of all her decisions but it is her life. Here she is being made fun of by my oldest.
2. Have you heard of the Birth Order Book? What are your thoughts on the premise that your birth order affects everything you do in life?
I have read some stuff about birth order and I do believe some, like oldest being a leader, middles being people-pleasers. Mine seem to fit the bill. Though not sure about my youngest. She seems a lot like my oldest in some ways then very different in others.
3. Is there something that you still do that drives your siblings crazy?
Mine is bothered by the fact that we differ politically but she actually sees eye-to-eye with me but she hangs out with a lot of liberals so she has that point of view in her life all the time.
4. Are you closer to your siblings now than you were when you were younger?
As stated above, I think we are closer now. At least, we have more to talk about anyway.
5. Would you dare to tell us an embarrassing story about a sibling?
I don’t know how embarrassing it is but our favorite story is when she was about 5 and she got so mad at me she grabbed a handful of my shirt and tore a hole in it with her teeth She is very ragey!
6. Tell us something random about your week.
Ugh. No, the week is going ok. I am really glad that this weekend, we have almost zero plans; just one kid birthday. It’s been a long time since we had a do-nothing type weekend. I am hoping for nice weather and a chance to sit by my pool. It’s not warm enough to comfortably swim but since the yard is looking nice, it will be awesome to sit out there. I have been in a bit of a foul mood but I am sure that is work-related. I live for weekends now when I can put that place aside and focus on my home life.
P.S. I am going to start doing a Thursday post detailing places from my past – reminiscing about restaurants, schools, etc. if you’re interested, check it out!